Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
TrevaTV
7 Posts
Cover User

I highly recommend the following....

STOP CONSIDERING....

AND

IMPLIMENT RECURRING BILLING / TRANSACTIONS IMMEDIATELY

PC_Cherry
1 Post
Cover User

And I just completed moving to it and found out in the end that it don’t have recurring transactions, I didn't even check because I took it for given.

It's essential to have recurring transactions the good people of MYOB Essentials

Phil__Jeffrey
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Really need recurring general journals.  Any update on this?

Emclo
2 Posts
Cover User

Its a huge pain to have to type up each sale or purchase invoice each time and spend money transactions.  I have many recurring sales spend money and purchase transactions each month and I assumed I could use the recurring feature as I had in my software version.  This was the main reason I picked MYOB over Xero (You can use recurring sales and purchase invoices in Xero just not recurring spend money (apart from account Rules in the bank feed/reconciliation area).  And I assumed the reporting would be the same but that also seems to be not as good.  I must say Im underwhelmed atm

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone, 

Thank you once again for all your comments and votes on this idea.  As we've mentioned in the past, the ability to set up recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials is a significant piece of work. While we understand and acknowledge the need for this and have this as one of our top candidates for product enhancements, we don't foresee it being delivered in the next 12 months.  Thank you for your patience. 

For information about the recent changes to the Idea Exchange page and Idea Statuses,  please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages.

Shaun_G
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

@Suja_P

Dear Suja, my frustration is not directly pointed at you personally, but my response to your message is WHY NOT?

This is an essential function of ANY modern accounting software and if you follow the trail of this message thread it is a function that the MYOB community require and have been requesting for YEARS!!

I'm sorry, but MYOB have dropped the ball on this matter. This should be a TOP priority for the next 4-6 weeks, not something for in more than 12 months time.

Even if we START with recurring journals functionality and then subsequently Recurring Invoices - but I shouldn't need to tell MYOB how to do their job...............

Im an advocate for MYOB Essentials and think it is a good micro business product, but this fault is holding it back.

RickTCP
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I can't understand why it needs to be so difficult?

RTStudios
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi there,

Looking through the community threads, the suggestion to have recurring invoice transactions in MYOB Essentials has been on the table for two years.  How can it be available for AccountRight, but not Essentials?  I'm sure it's not a technical issue.

I am a small business (one person - sometimes two) and really can't afford to pay $100 per month for AccountRight, but I do have recurring invoices (like all businesses), so don't understand why something so simple is held back.  It was on my old MYOB software (pre subscription based), so I felt like I went backwards when subscribing to Essentials.

Thoughts MYOB?

Also the five invoice/bill restriction is prohibative for small businesses, as we have more than five bills each month.  Could this be increased to ten per month in Essentails?

Surely I am not the only person using Essentials in this situation....

Regards,

Kylie

VERONIQUE
2 Posts
User

Agree with Kylie here. Can this feature be added please?

Reveille
1 Post
Cover User

wow, super disappointing. I hadn't checked back on this for a few months.  Five years of people more or less consistantly asking for a failry basic feature. "it's really hard so we have no plan" is not really good enough.