Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
JBHIlls
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Stadium Manger I  am in the exact same boat and would love to know the answer to this question as i am trying to decide whether to swap over to Xero too but without knowing this it makes my descion quite hard as I don't want to go through all the hard work (well it was bloody hard work setting up with MYOB i thought prior to setting it up it was going to be an easy job but what a debarcle and honestly nearly every bit of communication with MYOB was a painful!)  to swap over and find this function is going to be implemented this coming year. I realise this is supposed to be a basic accounting software program but you need to provide your customers with more information! We are paying good money for this product!

StadiumManager
3 Posts
User

Hi JBHills - I have elected to go with Xero. The only issue I have with them is the support function being by email but during my trial they responded very quickly and were very knowledgabele on their product so were able to resolve my trial issues very quickly.

My whole family is moving to Xero and I have 4 business colleagues in the same boat with the switch to Essentials after upgrading to Windows10 and they are currently trialling Xero. I expect they will switch as well.

Interesting that MYOB have not reponded to anything still on this post...

RTStudios
3 Posts
Cover User

The post around this issue has been going for almost 8 years as far as I can tell.

Does it really take that long to do something in the online version of MYOB that was available in the stand alone version?

It's kind of ridiculous ...

ChrissyMax
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Good afternoon, 

I would love this feature, I feel like it is quite fundamental to have it for any business.  I was not aware that MYOB Essentials did not have it when we switched over.

Many thanks

Chrissy

Shaun_G
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

@MYOB: THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. It may well be a significant piece of work but this feature has been requested by your customers for OVER 6 YEARS!!

When your old desktop software can do something that your 'new' cloud-based solution can't do, its a problem.

Allow for recurring invoices and recurring journals. Just get it done!

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We would like this too...mYOB reecommended we go to Essentials and we lost half of the features we had with Premier. Smiley Mad

Gizelle
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I absolutely hate MYOB Essentials.  I was forced off AccountEdge Pro because MYOB failed to keep up with Mac software changes (that was also too much of a big project for them).  Essentials has significantly less functionality and I now need to keep manual calendar notes so that I know when to invoice my weekly, fortnightly and monthly paying clients.  So angry.  I may need to make the switch to Xero too.  MYOB are not customer-centric at all. 

Brodloc
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Guys

Any Update as it is now 9/3/2020 sometime after 2018 and definitel more than 12 months

mc4
1 Post
User

Wow, seeing this was a 'highly requested' feature over the years, but still nothing, combined with the worst mobile app that is pretty much featureless, it looks like it's time to move to XERO. Too bad, I've been with MYOB since 2007

Bek27
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

How do I setup automatically recurring invoices in MYOB Essentials? I can't for the life of me find an option to do this, and the whole reason I switched to MYOB from the free Wave Accounting system was to ensure I had ALL the features necessary, not just some of them (Wave did have this one and it was super easy to find and setup). I can see people asking for this back in 2015 and 2018 and being told it was "being looked into" and it was "understood" how important this feature was.