Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
Beefy
5 Posts
User

This would be nice to have....

Thanks

divamy
4 Posts
User

Yes, agreed.

divamy
4 Posts
User

We are a web design agency and would like to setup recurring invoices for things like domains/hosting as they are a pain in the a** to keep track of. Please, please add them.

TowillaPete
1 Post
User

Definately +1

Cheers,

Pete.

morg
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

Something that would save a bit of time is to be able to create expense entries automatically from an allocation rule applied to bank feeds.  Currently I can allocate a bank entry automatically to to any account code, but I still have to manually fill in an expense item if I want expense reports to work.  It would be nice if the allocation rules could be expanded to automatically create these expense entries for recurring expenses.

Chique
3 Posts
User

It would be extremely helpful for users to have recurring transactions (in Invoices, Expenses & Banking)...most businesses have regular transactions month in month out.....

BizMakerPro
2 Posts
User

Hmmmm... it appears nobody has answered your question re 'recurring transactions'  :-((

I would have thought that recurring transactions would have been a high priority for any online accounting package.

BizMakerPro
2 Posts
User

This online version of MYOB is practically useless without a Recurring Transaction feature.

Does it have one and I have missed it?

Or, are you considering adding it in the very near future?

Regards,

John Crago

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Hi,

There have been a number of enhancement requests for recurring transactions for LiveAccounts so I thought I clarify, give you a quick update and maybe glean some information from you.

We currently have recurring invoices /expenses and copy on the roadmap and it is my expectation that these will be done and deployed 1st half 2012 (late). We have some great banking improvements, NZ Payroll that we are working on and will be tackling improving / adding new features to invoices after that.  

In regards to recurring bank transactions, this is something I probably should clarify my thoughts and if I have this wrong, can you pls pipe up and provide me with more feedback so I can better understand the issue.

LiveAccounts’ strength is in the use of bank data (whether it comes automatically or manually imported from online banking). However the bank data comes into the business, LiveAccounts’ power takes over and tries to match invoices / expenses / spend / receive money etc and also apply rules created by the user to these transactions.

For example, let’s say I have a monthly payment of rent paid to “Puffey Realestate”. Within LiveAccounts, I would create a rule (Remember Me) for this text and moving forwards, when LiveAccounts encounters “Puffey Realestate” it will automatically assign the “Rent” account and create the backend spend money transaction. The user of LiveAccounts does nothing for this recurring transaction. It is created and allocated by LiveAccounts.

You have several options when creating a rule; Below is the Create an Allocation Rule screen

Create Rule 1.jpg

You can also split your transactions so if the amount belongs in multiple accounts, this can also be done.

Create Rule 2.jpg

This approach means all the user has to do is review the recurring transaction from within the banking screen. No need to manually create a  Spend / Receive Money transaction and no matching is required. It’s done. 

I hope this makes sense and for those wanting recurring banking transactions, I hope this approach means you have less accounting work to do using LiveAccounts! If not and I have got it wrong, please PM (Private Message) me with more details about how you are using LiveAccounts and why you need recurring bank transactions. 

Thanks

Benno
1 Post
User

Yeah, like when MYOB bills me every month for this half-baked product !