Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
TomRoberton
6 Posts
Cover User

fuzzguard
5 Posts
User

I can't believe I just received another price increase email from MYOB for an increase to $40.00 per month.  You have raised your prices twice since I have begun using your services, and you still HAVE NOT added the one functional thing that would make my life easier, recurring invoicing.

PLEASE ADD THIS NOW.  It is ridiculous to keep increasing your charges without providing this very BASIC SIMPLE feature that has been requested forever from you MYOB.

No more "Under Consideration", this must be added NOW.  It should be the FIRST THING your dev team does next.

I bet YOU have recurring invoicing to charge ME (Clearly your not using MYOB Live Essentials), but will not provide the very same functionality to your users.

HSWA
Experienced User
56 Posts
Experienced User

They say they have implemented 110 ideas, I think they are mainly changing the font and colour every two minutes.

They don't do the basics - recurring transactions, printing a receipts, processing refunds that actually are attached to the invoice, processing direct debit returns.

JoshD
1 Post
Cover User

Really need a recurring invoice feature!!

I'd rather not, but might have to jump to Xero otherwise...

FuzzGuard
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

A check on the "In Development" Section http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/EssentialsIdeas/status-key/Indevelo... shows that there is 5 currently "In Development".

Why are all the ones currenly "In Development" have less Upvotes than this addition?  Why is the consitently top Upvoted feature request ignored?

Capture.PNG

geekstuff
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Recurring Invoices were first requested on this board in 2012.

From a systems perspective, this is not a hard feature to implement.

I cannot believe that with 15 pages of comments reinforcing the demand for this feature, it is still not on your Development Schedule.

Please implement Recurring Invoices (ie. I want to send invoice to customer on Xth day of every month) in MYOB Essentials.

Thanks

S_Andrews
1 Post
User

We have a simple retail shop hence not requireing the extensive need for the bigger MYOB products, however, we also have considerable expenses monthly that are recurring and entered as General Journals.

To create recurring transactions for these journals would be beneficial rather than having to upgrade, just for 15 general journals a month.

NFT
1 Post
User

Yes Xero has it. Possible looking to migrate to Xero Accounting system.

sbspargo
2 Posts
Cover User

This feture is way overdue, have you got an ETA?

LeightonJ
588 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @sbspargo,

We don't really have an ETA just yet. But hopefully this feature comes soon as I personally would find this very helpful too.

Cheers,

Leighton
Client Service Representative