Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
KayVeron
Partner
30 Posts
Partner

Hello,
Regarding Essentials recurring transactions previously requested to be added for Spend Money. Sales, Purchases.
It has been under consideration since 2015 and suggested it could be introduced in 2017. To date nothing has been decided. If I had known this wasn't part of the program I wouldn't have suggested to clients to move to Essentials from AccountRight Plus. Recurring transactions save a lot of time entering these each on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis.
Also is there anyway I can change in Spend Money to accept transaction numbers for duplications of dd, Bpay, eft.

Thanks

1Mastercorp
5 Posts
Cover User

MYOB, 

you are like a horse that is coming into the straight in last position, the jockey is riding you hands and heels, the crowd is screaming "go myob, you can do it, you did it before!"

For goodness sake please action this one, it is torture to refill the same multi account tyranasactions each month

Giddyup!

graemethomas
1 Post
Cover User

MYOB - This is not a big thing for the developers to do. It is already being used in the more expensive subscriptions.

I am looking to change my acounting platform and is a must have for me.

Please implement this.

TrevaTV
7 Posts
Cover User

Again Next Year and Next Year and Next Year,

We are frustrated we the lack of implimenting this feature that everyone has but essentials has not. e.g. Quickbooks, Zero etc etc

fuzzguard
5 Posts
User

We already moved our business over to XERO because of this lack of feature.  Made things so much easier.

The transition was hard because MYOB makes it difficult to get a list of your invoices, quotes, contacts, or any of your data in a proper IT industry export format.  Which just made me more determined to leave them.  Which mind you is MY data, not yours MYOB.

I will NEVER recommend MYOB Live Essentials to clients as a SAAS accounting platform.  I will always direct customer queries about SAAS accounting to XERO or Quickbooks as they appear to be MUCH better at being able to service their customer base.

Im glad I have got away from MYOB now.  Even the 10 hours of work it took to balance the accounts in xero and recreate all the invoices, was worth it!!!

AMV
5 Posts
Cover User

HI

Wondering if recurring invoices will be released soon?

Thank you

RickTCP
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has anything further happened with automated reocuring payments?

It is a function I need.

Than you

AmandaHou
2 Posts
User

This is a must have - I've just miragted from V16 ( yip years old ) & use recurring jnls every month

Thanks

Amanda

OasisBM
1 Post
Cover User

Really, nearly five years on & still no outcome for this. Having just changed to Essentials Live  am very dissapointed that this feature or reccuring transactions (which happen in every business) has not been rectified.

Thanks for nothing.

Judy

jktkcross
3 Posts
Cover User

Can we please have a 2018 update on recurring invoices.  Thanks.