Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
Joof
5 Posts
Cover User

Recurring general journals would be useful too please

Progressive
Partner
29 Posts
Partner

Can we please also add recurring purchases (expenses) thanks

Capesy
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

All of the above please, so many clients have recurring transactions that it would save alot of time. Thanks

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi there

Isn't this resolved using the 'To Do' list of recurring sales ?  There is a check box and when you click 'Record' you can then enter the date of the invoice.  What would be beneficial here is to show the amount of the recurring invoice (I currently add it to the name colum but have to edit if the amount is changed for any reason).

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree, recurring transactions for Sales, Purchases and General Journals are a must.  

Not only would they save time processing an invoice/purchase/general journal but they would also help ensure nothing gets missed - especially for those clients who require regular invoices (eg. subscriptions / memberships etc) at a set time.  Please bring this in.

I don't think we need recurring transactions for either Spend money or Receive money as these can be sorted with the Allocation Rules.  The Allocation Rules do not work for the other 3 types of journals and something needs to be implemented with these.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. I understand in circumstances such as yours it would be good if you could create a customer group to create invoices that applies to each of the cards in the group. At present the work around would be as suggested by @GDK, to save one as a recurring transaction and copy the recurring transaction to the different cards. We request others who would like this ability to please vote and comment.
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @MultiScreen . 

While the Lists >> Recurring Transactions window lists the transactions with the amounts, it does not give you an option to select a group of the listed transactions and record them.

In order to group them, you do need to go to the To Do List >> Recurring Transactions tab, where the amounts are not listed.

Have passed on your feedback, we hope to have this included in a future update. 

Margja
1 Post
Cover User

Could you please put recurring transactions into this program. It is a must have and I miss it.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

This would be very helpful in LiveAccounts as there is no recurring invoice feature and will simplify the bookkeeping even more than what bank feeds did.

All the businesses who run on a subscription basis will use this batch feature as their subscription is the same for a multitude of customers.  Considering that LiveAccounts was designed to help small businesses reduce the amount of time doing their bookkeeping, this feature should be high on the list to implement.

The workaround suggested is wrong as it only works for the AccountRight software - and this is the LiveAccounts forum.

It would be great to see something that helps simplifies the invoicing process in LiveAccounts

Hugo_Jenkins
1 Post
Former Staff

Hi guys,

Good news - we're currently looking at how recurring invoices could work in LiveAccounts. The development is still a little ways off, but my job is to figure out how this feature will work before the developers get to building it. 

I'll contact everyone who has posted in this thread to see if anyone is interested in helping us shape the design of this feature. If you're just reading this and are interested in helping out, please email me directly at hugo.jenkins@myob.com . 

Thanks!

Hugo Jenkins

Senior UX Designer, MYOB