Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Setup: User Accounts/restricting users

Trusted Partner

79Posts

123Kudos

5Solutions

79 Posts
Trusted Partner

When I demonstrated LiveAccounts early on to an accounting firm I get referrals from the initital response was "What about User Accounts and restricted access"?  Any plans on this front?

"User Accounts/restricting users"

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: November 2016

Thank you all for your feedback. User access management is certainly a popular requested feature, we are pleased to let you know that our developers are targeting this in 2017.

Please continue casting your vote if you are interested in this idea, and leave any detailed suggestions to our developers in the comment section. 

84 Comments
Trip
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

This is cousing quite a lot of concern for myself and my clients- who have staff assisting them using Essentials.

I have been told that myob is looking into it and it is difficult to do- which i do not beleive- if it is avaialble in Account right surely that segment can be implented into essentials!!!

HeatherTehuia
1 Post
User

User Access: Read only. to have read only access on MYOB essentials for those in the organisation and accountants to be able to read files but not change any information

mey
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I would like to be able to deligate to a staff member by giving access to Essentials for Payroll purposes only before STP starts. It would also be useful if other permissions were allowed such as allocating transactions or recording petty cash journals without the staff member seeing or exporting what is in my bank account or review financial reports.  

This is already an issue for the Accountant/bookkeeper as they cannot use the software as a complete record of the business activies without the staff having access to the financial records.  

Could you please provide a solution as soon as possible.

DarrenW
2 Posts
User

A feature that allows us to invite new USERs to access our MYOB Essentials environment but restrict this access to  READONLY.  

If this READONLY access could also be limited to certain MENU options (ie. Payroll, Purchases, Sales etc) within the Essentials upper menu that would be perfect.

Reason for this suggestion is because we have a mandate with a major client to provide access into our Payroll for people such as internal/external auditors, FairWork auditors and the like.  These Auditors require readonly access to payroll information within the native application environment, unfortunately it's  currently not possible to restrict a USER's access to read-only or selectively grant access to only certain modules or options on the upper menu.

Disabled1
8 Posts
Cover User

If you invite them as an advisor. I am pretty sure this is read only. 

DarrenW
2 Posts
User

Thank you for your suggestion.  

I wish the Advisor feature would satisfy my requirement, unfortunately that "Advisor" feature doesnt seem to provide read-only access.  

I extracted the below description from the MYOB essentials page where you invite an Advisor;  

"Invite your accountant or bookkeeper to work with you. After accepting their invitation, your advisor will get full access to your MYOB Essentials business, including viewing information, entering data and making changes"

This "Advisor" feature has an added restriction where the Advisor must be registered as a MYOB Partner to accept the invite.  Not helpful in my situation where we have a mandate to provide read-only access to user (ie. non-MYOB partner) for external auditing.

cunie
1 Post
User

would like to have restricted access for our staff. so they can make invoices and or proformas. with out seeing the whole accounting side of the business.

escargot
4 Posts
Cover User

I can't believe this is still not implemented seeing all those posts from 2014! I need my staff to invoice, and not see our accounts. I might have to check Xero out now.

Richard-SA
2 Posts
User

Any update on this being implemented?

The-G-S
3 Posts
Cover User

'Targeting in 2017'... Is this still not implemented???