Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your vote and suggestion @DustyRd, I have shared your feedback with the relevant team.

In Tray is one of our young products, our developers do intend to improve it with more functions in the future, such as for Sales, recipes, Spend Money and Receive Money transactions. I would encourage any interested users to continue casting your votes, and leave comments if required.

busychemist
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please please please implement this!

The ironic part is that I feel scanning and uploading credit card receipts for petrol, postage, tearoom supplies, etc is actually of more benefit because the thermal receipts fade so much over time!

If this feature was implemented, it would allow my business to go fully online - how wonderful!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @busychemist

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the in- tray feature. Yes the thermal receipts do fade a lot over time and I can see how this will benefit a lot of our clients like your selves. I encourage everyone that would like to see this implemented to vote and leave relevant comments on the thread.

Regards,

Kat

Client Support 

Graemew
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would absolutely support the extension of the In tray feature. It would be a great help to be able to attached documents that could then be viewed by auditors, others etc.

Maree_C
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Come on MYOB!  we want this feature for the new financial year.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Graemew

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. 

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Maree_C

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently the idea has been marked as under consideration. At this stage we are still investigating adding that feature into the program. We don't have a time frame for when that will be marked as in development/implemented. However in saying that we are still encouraging other users that would like to see this idea included in future releases to vote and comment if required for this idea.

mpedler81
2 Posts
Cover User

This would be a great addition to the functionality of MYOB, and a real selling point for me, I currently struggle to scan all business receipts and create logical and easy to reference tax records. If I could take an image with my phone and upload to 'In Tray' via the app, for all spending transactions this would be a real time saver.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your vote and comment @mpedler81

Our developers are definitely considering improving In Tray feature in the future. Your feedback is valuable to us, I have passed it on to the relevant team. Hopefully the feature can be enhanced in a future release.

linni
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

would like to add a couple of receipts to the one bill, eg where doing a reimbursement of multiple items.