Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Ability to personalise statement (i.e. add Logo)

Cover User

5Posts

287Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

Please can we have the ability to customise our forms, invoices and statements etc? I want to be able to include my logo on my statements. I'd love to be able to add to my invoices a paypal (or other) web address for people wanting to pay by credit card. I'd like to be able to change the wording on emailed invoices. Arrrgh. So frustrating!

'MYOB LIVE customised forms and templates ... my way!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2018

The ability to personalise invoices and statements and add Payment Options / How to pay section has been delivered. For more information please refer to Essentials blog article improved customer statements today

82 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Lyn,

Thank you for your suggestion. The ability to customise forms has been suggested here, therefore I've merged your suggestion here.

Please feel free to provide more details regarding what exactly you'd like to customise for invoices and quotes. 

FHChats
9 Posts
Cover User

I was just revisiting this and I see that I first commented on this issue in 2014. MYOB, please tell me you are planning on making invoices customisable some time soon!

Every time I get an invoice from someone with Xero I sigh at how professional it looks and wonder whether we should switch systems. I feel at the very least we should be able to have a list of fields that can be included or excluded on the invoice - the main one for me being the customer contact name. I also feel it should be possible to choose which columns appear in the detail section.

Can you please let me know if any effort is being put into this area?

RTStudios
3 Posts
Cover User

Has there been any update on this?  One of the posts said mid year - and that was in 2012!  I'm new to MYOB essentials and am shocked by how different (and not in a good way) it is to my very old, but flexible MYOB basics!  The invoice is seriously aweful and I agree - a bad reflection on our business images.  I love the ease of pressing email to simply send it out, but am also considering creating two invoices - one for MYOB and one that I would be more comfortable sending out to clients.

How long until this issue is finalised, given it was first raised, and allocated a status of "under consideration" over four years ago?

Flaxworx
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this been resolved in any way since 2 years ago? I am currently in the same position and it is frustrating that I can't use the system to its full potential since I designed my invoices and quotes 8 years ago and they look good but now I can't customise the MYOB ones.. so I am essentially still using my old ones - kinda defeats the purpose of a accounting software...

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @FHChats and @Flaxworx,

This idea is definitely one of our more popular ones suggested for MYOB Essentials. Please do note that we are working with the development teams to try and bring some of our more popular ideas to fruition. We do understand that this idea has been circulating for a while, and unfortunately we do not have a timeframe as to when this is expected to be delivered. We are, however, completely with you in hoping to be able to offer the ability to customise templates in MYOB Essentials in the near future.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

Suzieanne
1 Post
Cover User

A receipt template is needed.  

AMF
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi Team

Re: Invoice template (& imagine probably applies to quotes as well, perhaps other doc's?)

Please can a quick amendment be made to the disclaimer applied to the Goods and Sevices Invoice layout, so it reads "...goods and/or services..." instead of just "...goods..."?

Kind regards,

Anita

LoveLee
1 Post
Cover User

At least could you please enable us to add a text line to the invoices without any dollar amount.  I need to provide a work description on my invoices and then items charged.

fuzzguard
5 Posts
User

How has this product been out for over 5 years without this feature?  Shame on you MYOB!!  Where is our customization????

Carmen_Turner
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Could we please have the ability to increase the field size where the company name appears on Sales Invoices?  My client is not using a logo and the "Ltd" of the company name appears on the line below.  It would be much better for the whole name to be on the same line. The company name consists of 26 characters including 3 spaces.  If the font was adjustable, we could try to reduce the size and hopefully it would fit on the same line.  Thank-you in anticipation.