Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
Mary2019
6 Posts
User

THIS IS A BIG ISSUE FOR SMALL BUSINESS - WHY IS THERE STILL NO ACTION ON THIS? MYOB has been handed business by new ATO rulings, requiring online compliance. So after "upgrading" to online products we now find the most basic of products we've all been using for years had the features that our "Essentials" product now lacks!! Come on MYOB, it's time to invest in small business and give us what we are all BEGGING for!

sapphirelinen
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Very frustrating if a customer requires a historical statement for a particular month only. Most other invoicing software has this basic function.

BEASEG
1 Post
User

I need to be able to email customers a statements based on what is due by date. I am unable to do so in MYOB.

Eg: I only want to send a statement for invoices that particular month.

annadp
3 Posts
User

annadp
3 Posts
User

I have customers that would like statements to only include an individual month, but this is not possible on essentials.

E.g. It's January and a customer would like a statement for November invoices only, but this is not possible as December and January invoices also appear on the statement.

Maree68
1 Post
User

I look at all these comments and the suggestions was first made in 2015. 5 years later and nothing has been done. The people who have created this aren't in business and don't get how important being able to chose a date for statements is and how important an activity statement is. I have a customer who wants a list of what invoices were paid with certain amounts. I can't even find a report for that for her.

JimsMowing27
1 Post
User

Settling invoicing and payment disputes with customers requires an activity statement so customers can see their previous payments as well as outstanding invoices. Although available in "Sales History", not being able to provide customers with this clear information often confuses them and potentially escalates the dispute. MYOB not offering anything other than current outstandings or current activity is a negative attribute of the MYOB Essentials package in my view. This could be easily provided as "statements" and "sales history" are already in the system.

Please assist us by providing a tool which makes running our businesses easier by providing greater clarity to our customers.

Thank you in anticipation

Lizzycarebear
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Very annoying not being able to get a statement for a certain date. We have a big international corporation wanting back dated statements sent to a auditing company and for this reason it needs to come direct from us. Is there no way to view historic statements sent to the customer

WRMC1
1 Post
User

Customers are requesting Statements from say 1st January to today's date.  It is rather embarrassing when you have to tell the Customer that MYOB Essentials does not have that facility.

Maverick_AKL
9 Posts
User

OMG... this issue was raised in 2015. MYOB still haven't reslove it. If Xero can do from day 1, how hard is it for MYOB? 

MYOB, please respond.