Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Statement Date in MYOB Essentials

1Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi @justin2011

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and statements.

Currently statements in Essentials are invoice based designed to show you the invoices and the payments relating to that particular invoice based on today's date.  I would encourage other users that would like the ability to select a date for Statements and to have a statement based on the activity of the  customer's card to vote and comment if required for this idea.

48 Comments
2 Posts
Cover User

Myob, is there any progress with having the ability ot select a date range for statements?

5 Posts
User

Come on MYOB - there have been people asking for (I'd consider begging!) the ability to choose dates for statements for over 3 years and still this can't be done... why? I could do it in my old (really old) version of Account Edge Basic!

When will this be a priority?

3 Posts
User

I just switched from Account Right to Essentials. Sort of regret doing that now with this option not available. All of my customers require monthly statements.

1 Post
User

This is absolutely ridiculous. For the amount you charge per month MYOB we should be able to change the date range in Customer Statements. This is a necessity for every **bleep** business. A lot of end of month dates fall on either a Saturday or a Sunday. It could be done on your previous desktop versions why can't it be done on this! So regretting upgrading to your online version it has so many less features and the amount of cut outs I have is  bad as well. 

Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

It would be great to be able to change the date on customer's statements.  At the moment I am having a problem where the customer's statement for May is including invoices for the beginning of June.  The delay in sending the statement was due to the Queen's birthday holiday weekend.  I had some urgent invoices to do for the client and later on sent out the monthly statements, not realising that this problem would arise.

5 Posts
User

To have customised dates on a statement should not be considered a wish list item - THIS MUST BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY - this post was added in September 2017 - so for 1.5 years developers at MYOB have not done anything about this even though there are numerous complaints on the community forum about this! All those posting on the community forum don't know that MYOB doesn't look at or care about what goes on there. Only this forum Ideas exchange helps get things changed.

5 Posts
User

Hi everyone - after a very exasperating phone call with MYOB - it seems that this forum (regardless of the number of votes!) will not prompt MYOB to make any software changes. so to all 102 of you that have voted that this needs to change.... time to hit the ideas exchange - and hit it hard! go to https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/EssentialsIdeas and search "statement date" scroll down until you find it.... keep going .... it's a long way down. And vote and write comments - lets get MYOB working on it.

5 Posts
User

So the 102 votes about this on the community forum mean nothing to the developers at MYOB????

1 Post
User

Right... lets all switch to Xero. Come on MYOB, just let us be able to change the date range and show due date. Query was made in 2015!!. Are your developers incapable of doing this? 

1 Post
User

Disapointing such of a basic feature of having a date range for issuing statements has been excluded on MYOB Essentials.  Obvious need to be able to create end of month statements at a time thats convenient.  MYOB obviously agrees (as they refer to this forum page in the help section), so what date will MYOB Essentials be updated for this basic feature?