Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Ability to tab through window

1Posts

131Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

When entering general journals we are unable to tab through when entering data. 

Using Google Chrome on Mac book air (brand new Oct 2014 with latest software).

Also it would be nice if we could copy journals...same idea as copy invoices.

Thanks,

Omni Payroll Team.  

"Tab Through General Journal & Copy Journals"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Within the Create general journal window in the newer MYOB Essentials platform, users can now tab into fields and navigate using the Tab key.

47 Comments
MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

"The votes on the AccountRight Idea Exchange for an idea gives the development team an indication of how many MYOB Community Forum users are looking for an idea. The larger the number of votes an idea gets the greater the demand and therefore the higher chance it will get implemented into the software. "

But it doesn't help that many people post asking for the same thing but each one only gets  afew votes.  The system is flawed.

We have been asking for the functionality of the journal entry screen, which was obviously coded by someone who has never watched a professional enter data, to be improved since 2014.  When will something be done?

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

I know dozens of people, not just bookkeepers who say the same thing. Please incorporate this tab function ASAP!

Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

It just makes all so time consuming.

WWHC
2 Posts
User

Honestly Im baffled that this needs addressing. There is a post from 2015 where someone is suggesting this, and it still hasnt been implemented. Who the hell is designing this???? GET RID OF THE MOUSE MYOB!!!

WWHC
2 Posts
User

Does anyone even monitor these suggestions? I mean your customers have been asking you for at least 5 years to allow them to use tab or enter to move through data entry faster, but for some reason you are still insisting on a double mouse click??????????????

Every time I have to lift my hands from the keyboard and touch my mouse is an absolute failure on your part, and one that is a consistent source of EXTREME frustration.

TracyBWadvisers
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEE add this functionality.

Caseyw
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

I can not tab through columns when entering a journal entry. It's EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming to have to click in each cell to enter the data.

I have trided in all different browers and still can not tab into the next cell. 

Caseyw
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

Any updates on this feature ? Not being able to tab or enter thorugh a general journal is EXTREMELY annnoying and time consuming. 

I can not see why this feature is not on the priority list ?

We have just loaded all our clients from Banlkink onto MYOB Essentials, however if this feature is not on the radar in the distance future, we will be moving them over to Xero. 

Caseyw
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

I have also raised this issue numerous times with MYOB and it seems it is not a priorty fix for them.

In my opnion it shouldnt have to be a "fix" at all - it should just be the way the software works ! It is EXTREMELY time consuming and frustrating having to click the mouse all the time.

(I was able to tab when i was using a old version of firefox browser, however this no longer works.)

Our practice has recently moved all clients that were on Banklink over to MYOB Essentials. However, if this issue is not put on the priority list we will start the process of moving all clients over to Xero.

Globalbiz
3 Posts
User

I asked for this over 2 years ago. Its not s feature its a bug fix needed from sloppy coding.  I moved 2 companies to xero and will do the same again in 2 months time wen my free 12 month subscription runs out if its not fixed.

This is not a popular feature im thinking because many users don't enter journals especially if they don't have an accounting background. Its like MYOB is tryimg to punish people for being quality users