Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Templates: Remove Ship to from Service layout invoices

Cover User

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

The 'Services' invoice template is supposed to be used for "date-based invoicing and professional services." However the format of the invocie includes a "Ship To" address at the top, next to the "Bill to" address.  

Since there are no physical goods being sent to a client, this information is redundant. 

See screen shot attached. 

Suggest this is removed from the 'Services' layout - or provide customers with the option to remove it.

Many thanks. 

Tim

"Default Services invoice layout"

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 4.09.03 pm.jpg
Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @TimN

Thank you for your suggestion regarding having the option to remove the 'Ship to' field on Service invoices. I have passed it to our developers for consideration.

In the meantime, you could tick the option 'Bill to different address' in this customer contact, enter the billing address and leave the street address blank. This way no 'Ship to' address will be displayed on invoices.

The warranty information you have quoted is only in place when you preview the sample invoice. When generating real invoices, the Notes field will not be displayed if not used. 

9 Comments
TimN
10 Posts
Cover User

More unnecessary invoice layout to add to above...

The Invoice also includes 'Notes' that desribe Warranty information - see below.

Again this is redundant information when providing Services not Goods!!!!

Really need this to be editable by the MYOB user to suit our business' needs.  Otherwise I cannot use MYOB for my invoicing.   

Warranty: The Company warrants that it has the right to provide the Goods but otherwise the Goods are provided on an "as-is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, oral or written including, without limitation, the implied conditions of merchantable quality, fitness for purpose and description, all of which are specifically and unreservedly excluded. In particular, but without limitation, no warranty is given that the Goods are suitable for the purposes intended by the Client. The Company warrants that the Goods will be supplied using reasonable care and skill. The Company does not warrant that the Goods supplied are error-free, accurate or complete.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TimN

Thank you for your suggestion regarding having the option to remove the 'Ship to' field on Service invoices. I have passed it to our developers for consideration.

In the meantime, you could tick the option 'Bill to different address' in this customer contact, enter the billing address and leave the street address blank. This way no 'Ship to' address will be displayed on invoices.

The warranty information you have quoted is only in place when you preview the sample invoice. When generating real invoices, the Notes field will not be displayed if not used. 

Lou2Loops
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I create a new contact, by ticking the Bill to different address button, I'm able to add two different addresses for the contact. One for the clients Street Address and the other for the Billing Address. This is sometimes very useful because my customer may live at one address but the service work pertains to another address. When it's time to Invoice my customer, these fields are shown as Bill to: and Ship to: which looks awful. I'm not supplying items, just services. Please allow these fields to be ammended so that I can remove the Ship to heading.

CLara
2 Posts
Cover User

I've been advised to delete the address from my contacts if I don't want  'Ship To' showing on the invoice. A box giving the option to hide it would surely be far easier. I don't want to have to delete data just because of this.

MrG
2 Posts
User

Still needed!

EXF
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would sugest this field stays and becomes editable, so you can attribute an invoice to a different address but for the same client.

drewmorrow
2 Posts
User

Is it possible to have capacity in settings to dispense with the "Ship To"part of the invoice.  Not really appropriate when providing professional accounting services.

Also, is it possible to set quantity as units rather than hours as a default so you don't have to change each line item in every invoice.  I realsie this is probably tied to the option that selects services etc in layout, but needed to select items and services so that the Item column would come up on the invoice.

lesleysk
2 Posts
User

I agree. The lack of personalisation on invoices is pretty appauling. There needs to be an ability to change out Items for Date and to have a tickable box for shipping or address only. It's pretty simple.

twarn
2 Posts
User

cant get rid of shipping address in essentials, this is when tryin to delete from services