Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Upgrade path to AccountRight

4Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Please develop an export/import facility between LiveAccounts and AccountRight Live. It shouldn't be that hard.

"Upgrade Path LiveAccounts to AccountRight Live"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

An easier upgrade path from MYOB Essentials Accounting to AccountRight is definitely something our developers are considering to introduce. We would love to hear everyone's feedback, If you are interested in this idea please show your support by casting your vote and leave suggestions below if required.

26 Comments
Jason1906
1 Post
User

An easier upgrade path would be benificial to users and MYOB as we are currently in the process of upgrading, however as we cannot transfer our information we are now looking at other accounting software. If there was a direct path, we would not consider other providers. I do hope there is a solution in the near future. Thanks

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Jason1906

Thank you very much for your feedback, we do offer a conversion tool from AccountRight to Essentials just not the other way around aw yet. I have sheared your comments to the team.

Alix
3 Posts
Cover User

MYOB should look at developing a method of importing data from MYOB Essentials to MYOB Account Right (customer/supplier information and invoicing) for those upgrading.  The current method of re entering all the information is extremely time consuming especially when you have 100's of contacts and invoices needing to be entered.

davidb75
2 Posts
User

Hi,

I note you can convert data from MYOB Essentials to Xero, then convert from Xero to MYOB Account Right.  

The sooner the converation is developed the better as its very surprising.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

davidb75
2 Posts
User

I am surprised the conversion is offered from right to essentials but not the other way around, is this a sign the future company focus is essentials.  I assume not and its an oversight as essentials is basic.

Cheers

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @davidb75

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

SBA
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Guys

The conversion from MYOB Essentials to MYOB Accounts Right, this is becoming a major issue for our clients who want to move.

This is a revenue loss for MYOB too - many clients who want to move from MYOB essentials to MYOB Accounts Right are horrified to hear there is no file conversion migration path avaliable - this then inevitably leads to the client also then exploring alternative softwares if they have to go through the whole rekey data in a new data file exercise....

So when does the development team estimate a tool will be avaliable as this is a major major weakness in the MYOB suite and objectively if we are advising clients on migration then this path is very onerous for clients with data in MYOB Essentials.

Thanks

Partha

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SBA

Thank you for your feedback in regards to migration tools available. 

I've merged your idea with this similar one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

WiseMM
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I support this idea 100%.  I cannot believe any one would develop a system that does not allow for migration between differing levels of licenses. I want to upgrade from essentials to account right so our workshop system can intergrate with MYOB. 

FullBlown
1 Post
User

This is an essential service that I would have expected to already exist. There is no real motivation to upgrade if upgrading is so difficult and the fact that it will be diffcult makes me less likely to want to sign up with MYOB (we are currently trialing and deciding between MYOB and XERO).