2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Annual closedowns, anniversary day, final pays

Hi team

Basically we had an annual closedown last Christmas and New Year and and the annual leave was paid out in advance as holiday pay for this period. The common anniversary day is now at the annual closedown. This employee is now leaving so I am wanting to pay the accrued annual leave she has got from this common anniversary day until now. I have adjusted her anniversary day under the Leave section of her employee profile. 

When I process her final pay, the holiday pay since anniversary calculated doesn't seem right. i.e. the annual leave accrued since anniversary is 8.31 hours. So going by this calculation, she should get roughly: 8.31 hours x $20 (hourly rate) =  $166.2. 

According to the payrun, her earnings prior to payrun current payrun is $5504, so $5504 x 8% gives $440.32

$440.32 is quite different to $166.20

What am I missing here?

1 REPLY 1
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,451 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,451Posts

330Kudos

467Solutions

Re: Annual closedowns, anniversary day, final pays

Hi @nsaid

Thank you for your post. The Final pay includes the employee’s full available annual leave and alternative holiday entitlements, plus the holiday pay percentage of gross earnings since their last annual leave anniversary (usually 8%). Employees should also be paid for public holidays that fall on days they normally would have worked between their last day of work and the end of the period of annual leave being paid out.

I would recommend checking out our help articles Leave calculations and processing a final pay which have information and instructions on how this is processed within the software. 

If you're still unsure about the calculations please do post a screenshot of the final pay screen for the employee. (Note; please do hide any sensitive information)

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post