3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Annual leave calculation after wage subsidy

Hi,

I am doing the first payroll to include the Covid 19 Subsidy. The information from MYOB for that was very good.

However, some of my staff took annual leave the same week and when I go to add leave the calculations include the Covid 19 subsidy making their hourly rate ridiculous. I cant find a way to take the subsidy out of the calulation.

Any help out there?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Covid-19 first part week payment

HI Kaz,

just doing my payroll now, I was deducting the subsidy from the ususal weekly gross for each  employee and then dividing that by their hourly rate to enter a number that made their gross to the usual amount. I dont know if that is correct or not.

I am having issues though for some employees that took annual leave that week before we shut down - MYOB wants to include the Covid 19 subsidy in the calculation making their holiday rate far too high.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Re: Annual leave calculation after wage subsidy

Hi @Viv45 

MYOB Essentials Help Article: COVID-19 wage subsidy payments does go through the process of creating and process that Cwage subsidy earning pay item and using that particular one on pays for your employees.

In terms of ongoing effects like leave rates and relevant daily pay, I would recommend consulting Employment NZ and/or Work and Income NZ for specific advice for your situation and employees.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry Steve,  your reply does not answer my question. I had said that I had read that info from MYOB, followed the instructions, but I was not able to also enter holidays for that week.

I dont think MSD or WINZ will have any advice on how to use the MYOB payroll program.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Hi @Viv45 

When creating a pay item, you have the option for "Don't include in gross earnings when calculating leave payments". If this option is enabled then the values paid through that pay item will not be included in the leave calculations.

If you are unsure if that option does need to be enabled or not for your particular situation and how that pay item will affect your future leave payments, that is when those other organisations would need to be involved to give you further guidance on that if you are unsure.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post