Back paying Employer Kiwisaver Contribution

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Back paying Employer Kiwisaver Contribution

We had a new employee start back Feb 2019 who joined Kiwisaver and has been contributing 3% but somehow the Employer Contribution box 3% amount was changed to zero.   How do I back pay this employee the Employer contribution of 3% for each missed pay?  I have printed all of the past wage slips.  Just not sure how to go about the calculations.  Any advise would be appreciated.  The phone wait for MYOB is currently one hour.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Back paying Employer Kiwisaver Contribution

Hi @Chaz12 

Employer KiwiSaver is calculated at the time of preparing the pays and is not able to be adjusted. If you have processed a pay (or series of pays) incorrectly, the recommendation would be to delete the pays, ensure that you have the correct setup and then reprocess those pays.

Our Help Article: Changing or deleting a pay would be able to assist with the deletion of that pay. In terms of Payday filing, you want to navigate to the myIR website and remove the lodgement for those pays (as in zero it out), so that when you re-file you are not doubling up on the information. The IRD should be able to offer assistance with that process if you do require assistance at their end in relation to that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post