9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Casual employee final pay

Hi,

We have employee who work 2 days per week (regular), and occassionaly some casual work. He has been paid extra 8% as the holiday pay each time for the casual work. At the final pay on determination, when calculating the holiday pay since aniversary, I would like to deduct the casual work pay from the gross earning as it has been paid 8% already. Is there any way the system can automatically deduct, or add  new field to exclude applicable one-off, casual pay etc ( similar as the improvement at the "Simplified leave rate calculation")

Thanks!

Celina

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: NZ Holidays Act Compliance Release

The system seems only has weekly, fortnightly, monthly, annually pay to choose. For example, how can I pay employee for 12 days (it is common for a new employee's first pay to align with company's fortnightly pay circle in the future, or employee's last pay run).

Thanks!

Celina

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Casual employee final pay

Hi @cbarker 

To process a final pay for an employee with MYOB Essentials Payroll you want to go to Payroll>>Enter pays>>Select the required frequency*>>Select the employee name before selecting the Add Holidays or leave and Final Pay. This will give you the Final pay calculation window where it will list the required final pay amounts to be paid to the employee.

Typically, you would not deduct any hours or amounts off that final pay amount. Should you be needing to do that, a deduction pay item could be set up, however, I would recommend speaking to Employment NZ to see if that is a viable solution given your current situation.

*The pay frequency is determined the pay start and end dates. If you are needing to process for a 12 day period selecting Fortnight will be the recommendation. Note: Selecting fortnight will mean that the tax (PAYE) component will be calculated on a fortnight basis..

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post