Duplicate payroll liability and expense accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bookkeeper_Jo
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Duplicate payroll liability and expense accounts

I recently migrated over from AccountEdge Pro to Essentials. In AccountEdgo Pro, I had accounts set up for the payroll transactions to be allocated to eg separate liability accounts for PAYG Withholding Payable, Super Payable, an expense account for Wages and Salaries and Superannuation etc, all of which had balances prior to migration.

In the process of migration, new accounts were created. As part of the data migrations, payroll events were entered as General Journals and PAYG sent to the previously used account. Now when I run a pay, amounts are sent to these new accounts and I now have 2 separate accounts for each payroll-related liability and expense with balances in them.

Can I set payroll to continue to send the payroll amounts to the accounts that were previously set up and being used?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Duplicate payroll liability and expense accounts

Hi @Bookkeeper_Jo 

Currently, for the majority of MYOB Essentials' users, the system will not allow the user to the update the linked accounts for earning and deduction pay items. These will be paid out using the Wages and Salaries account (for earnings) and the Payroll deductions accounts (for deductions). There is no provision to have those updated to be a different account. Should you wish to have amounts processed into different accounts, recording a journal entry after processing those pays would be the way to go.

In saying this, the ability to change that linked account for the pay items is something that we are looking into for the future and will be available to all MYOB Essentials later this year, early next.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post