EOFY Finalisation YTD Figures NOT matching Payroll Summary Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,571 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,571Posts

772Kudos

884Solutions

Re: EOFY Finalisation - Employee amounts incorrect

Hi @ots 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. A $0 pay will only work if everything is reported correctly in your software but is not being pulled through by the YTD verification report. If you do have an issue with a payroll category, that will need to be fixed before processing the $0 pay.

If you don't have a huge number of employees that are out of balance, the $0 pay can be a good first troubleshooting step. If it doesn't work, that's a fairly good indication that there is an issue somewhere. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DTull
Experienced Partner
83 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

83Posts

40Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H but where does the Employee Card get the data from? From the Processed Payrolls that are on the Activity Report?

The Activity/Registry imbalance problem Ive discuissed with you previously is still unresolved... recent attempts after numerous $0 pay runs, pay deletions and re-submitting led to this attempt:

The pay run in question not flowing through to the Register/Verification report was in Feb 2020, of Leave payments less PAYG. We totally deleted that pay, then re did it as of 30 June 2020, but this time, manually entered the amounts as Base Hourly, less the same PAYG as back in Feb, so that the 30/6/20 pay mirrored the Feb20 deleted pay, except that it was put in the normal Base Hourly category, and sent it through STP to the ATO.

Yet that "accepted" 30/6/20 pay run, done on 21 July, shows on the Payroll Reporting Centre as having $0 Gross Payment, and $0.00 PAYG WH!!! and so of course there is no change to the Registry Summary or the Verification report.

Why doesnt the normal 30/6/20 pay flow through to the Register?

How has a pay which clearly has $amounts in it for Gross and PAYG WH, come up as $0.00 when STP'd with the ATO?

Kind regards

Darren

cc @Steven_M 

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,571 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,571Posts

772Kudos

884Solutions

@DTull 

Hi Darren

Yes you are correct that the Pay History in the employee card comes from processed pays. Except that the Pay History can be manually changed. For example, if the YTD amount for base salary in Pay History is $2000 and I process a pay for $1000, the salary YTD amount would increase by that pay to $3000. But, if I went into the Pay History and changed that salary YTD amount to $1500, then processed that pay for $1000, the salary YTD in Pay History would increase to $2500.

So I would start by checking that the Pay History is correct. If it is, can you please send me screenshots of:

• summary of payments for the employee (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on ellipsis (...) button)
  • payroll activity detail report for the employee
  • payroll register summary
  • payroll activity summary

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

w2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOFY Finalisation YTD Figures NOT matching Payroll Summary Report

I have noticed something happend just after 30 June 2020 with the reporting to ATO....nothing in my payroll settings have changed however the reporting from Myob reporting to ATO after the 30 Jun are not pulling through in this updating time the information have been wiped out so this is a good indication it must be a program error.  We need urgent update on this. Our deadline is around the corner.

image.png

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,571 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,571Posts

772Kudos

884Solutions

Re: EOFY Finalisation YTD Figures NOT matching Payroll Summary Report

Hi @w2 

I have replied to your post yesterday regarding those reports. Can you please confirm that you have checked the YTD amounts in the YTD verification report? 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DTull
Experienced Partner
83 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

83Posts

40Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H , thanks for your message, and attach what you asked for in your message Mon 27/7/20.

I have also attached the the Payroll Advice with the original error on it, LSL paid out but not adding to the YTD column. It is this amount that the Register and Summary are out by.

Also the EOFY Finalisation Summary of Payments for this employee, is out of balance by the PAYG deducted from the LSL payment, but it is now too much PAYG. 

You say, "I would start by checking that the Pay History is correct", I dont know how do we do that? The employee cards are now in the 2021FY.

I will also include the explanation of what happened with this employee. The employee left, was paid out his LSL and other Leave entitlements in Feb20, but later came back to work for them in June. My client says "I paid him out on the 18th February – then closed his file by putting in his leaving date which cleared out his entitlements and made it so I couldn’t see his file when I processed payroll.  When he re-started, I just used the same card but applied a new starting date.  The only adjustments that I have made since is deleting and re-applying his payroll several times to try get it through"

Sorry, attempts to reverse, ro-do, delete etc have made it a mess.

Thanks for your help

Darren

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,571 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,571Posts

772Kudos

884Solutions

@DTull 

Hi Darren

Thanks for all those screenshots. The first two I looked at were the Activity summary and Register summary, and they're not the same which means the YTD verification report won't ever be correct. If I've told you this already please forgive me for repeating myself -

Activity Summary – gets its data from the pays processed through Process Payroll, filters by payroll categories

Register Summary – gets its data from the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History, filters by payroll categories

YTD verification report – gets its data from the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History, filters by the ATO reporting categories.

So you will have to restore a backup taken prior to 1 July and change the Pay History back to what it should be, then process a $0 pay to update STP. Once the Activity and Register are the same, run the YTD verification report again. If it's still different let me know and we'll do some more troubleshooting.

AccountRight reports and STP explained!

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DTull
Experienced Partner
83 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

83Posts

40Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H , does that mean the client will have to re-enter all entries from July 1 (sales, purchases, payroll etc)?

Darren

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,571 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,571Posts

772Kudos

884Solutions

@DTull 

Hi Darren

No, you can restore the backup locally to make those changes. If you restore the backup online, that would replace the information currently online meaning you would need to re-enter data. Restoring locally means that you are just restoring it onto the desktop. 

Restore your company file

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or