Dee30
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee Voluntary Super Contributions

Hi,

I have an employee wanting to do a Voluntary After-Tax Super Contribution. I have done this and processed the pay accordingly. I contacted MYOB over the phone and was informed that I need to manually update the super amount when processing the payrun by the deducted amount in order for it to show on the payable super.

However this has led to both the super liabilites and employee deductions liabilities to be increased but that amount.

Am I supposed to not adjust the super total while doing the payrun and instead manually add the employee contribution via the super portal when doing a super payment and if so - how do i account/record for the increased super payment? 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

Re: Employee Voluntary Super Contributions

Hi @Dee30 

In this situation, I'd suggest following the instructions in this Help article, to set up after tax employee additional super:

Additional superannuation contributions

I hope this helps, please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Dee30
2 Posts
User
Dee30
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the link - but I have done all that. My query is in regards to what to do next. 

Creating an employee deduction for super doesn't result in that amount being on the "pay superannuation" page, thus not creating a super upload file for the portal. So can I manually create this payment in the super portal? 

If i manually adjust the employees super total when doing a payrun to take into account the extra amount, my liabilites are affected twice - once as an employee deduction owing and second as an employee super payable owing - so that can't be the solution.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Dee30 

Thanks for the update. The employee additional super contribution should also be picked up on the 'Pay Superannuation' page, so it's included in the Pay Super file. Manual editing of the Pay Super contribution isn't a good idea.

Here is a sample pay I recorded, and how it appears on the Pay Superannuation page:

image.pngimage.png

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post