Final pay - not being paid to employee - How do i put his into MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Veronica2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Final pay - not being paid to employee - How do i put his into MYOB

We have 5 staff who are being re-employed by another company and they as vunerable workers have to employed by this new company - we have to pay this new company the employees leave entitlements as at the end of the month - how do i get the values I need and not pay the staff and then I'm left with holiday pay owing to the employees when i deactivate them. I'm at a loss please can someone help

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,266 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,266Posts

5,722Kudos

6,310Solutions

Re: Final pay - not being paid to employee - How do i put his into MYOB

Hi @Veronica2 

Running the Leave report, available through Reports>>All reports>>Payroll>>Leave, will outline the outstanding leave amounts for those employees. Alternatively, reviewing the Leave records in their employee records would show that information.

In terms of that information being transferred to another employer, at your end you would just process a pay for that employee as normal i.e. pay out their normal hours for their last pay with the business. Once processed, navigate to the employee's record and add in a finsh date for the employe before making them an inactive employee (untick Active employee). Don't forget to save their record after making those changes.

While there is technically no requirement, it is recommended that you navigate to the Leave section and update the Available balance adjustment, Estimated leave accrued adjustment and Alternative holidays Opening balance to make sure that the respective balance is zero. For example, if the Available balance is 45 hours you enter -45 in Available balance adjustment. You might want to make a note in the Notes section to details and why that was entered for auditing purposes. Don't forget to save their record after making those changes.

You would also need to navigate to myIR and manually finish that employee through that portal. This would be done by navigating to myIR>>Selecting the Employee tab>>Choosing the employee and entering their finish information. We do recommend speaking to the IRD if you require assistance with myIR.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post