Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Holiday pay due for part-time staff

Hi ,

We are a school and we have some part time teachers working with us. Their working hours per week are not fixed. Therefore there is not an accrued annual leave hours neither on their monthly pay slip nor in the MYOB system. How can we have it shown on their pay slip?

Another question is when these staff reach their anniversary date, do we need to pay their accrued annual leave hours not taken or we pay the holiday pay 8%? The amount is not the same.

Please advise. Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

Sophie

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,783 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,783Posts

4,673Kudos

5,084Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Holiday pay due for part-time staff

HI @sophiewu 

I would recommend seeking guidance from Employment New Zealand as to whether they are casual employees and you are required to pay them Holiday pay (8% of their Gross earnings) OR are a part-time employees which would mean they would accrue annual leave.

Once you have determined their employment status, you would be looking at ensuring that you have the correct option selected in the Employee details of the employee's record. This will ensure that the employee has the appropriate leave i.e. Annual Leave versus Holiday Pay, which in turn will flow through to the pay slips for those employees.

In terms of when an full/part-time employee reaches an anniversary date, their holiday pay is converted into the annual leave and reset back to zero to accrue for the next 12 months. Generally speaking, you would not pay out holiday pay for an employee unless they are a casual employee or it's their final pay.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post