How do I process Reportable Employer super contributions in MYOB essentials such that it reflects on payment summary

AngelM
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How do I process Reportable Employer super contributions in MYOB essentials such that it reflects on payment summary

5 REPLIES 5
Partner river167
16 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I process Reportable Employer super contributions in MYOB essentials such that it reflects on payment summary

MYOB are saying you can't show reportable super in Essentials. They say you will have to do a paper PAYG Summary but that is not acceptable as far as I am concerned. Was sold a program that can't do a standard step in a PAYG summary. Just need to be able to add in manually.

Partner PaperworkPlace
9 Posts
Partner
Australia

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I process Reportable Employer super contributions in MYOB essentials such that it reflects on payment summary

Hi,

I had this issue 17/18 year and had to do manual handwritten payment summaries. Which was a massive pain.

I knew there must be a way to generate this information digitally. 

18/19 year i processed as per attached and was able to generate payment summary capturing RESC (reported in correct place on summary). 

you will need to enter in new payroll categories, as per attached screenshot. Note: these are an example for you and not acutal employee pay advice. 

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Super pay items.JPG
pay run entry.JPG
Contributing User Consulting4accs
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

can you explain this screen shot a little further please. Does it mean there are 2 ways for an employer to report additional super payments? Is the extra earning offset by the deduction ie pay 20,000 additional super but needs to be offset as with the deduction? or is this example "either or" example ?  

For example the MYOB help website specifically says the following 

Employer additional super

If you as an employer contribute more than the compulsory 9.5% super guarantee, this is called employer additional super.

It's a tricky area because some employer additional superannuation contributions need to be reported to the ATO (known as reportable employer super contributions RESC). For clarification, check the ATO's guidelines or speak to your accounting advisor.

If your employer additional super is:

• not reportable - you can enter the increased Super guarantee rate against each employee (Payroll > Employees > click the employee > Superannuation tab). Here's an example:
  • reportable - you won't be able to set up these employer additional super contributions in MYOB Essentials. This is because MYOB Essentials can't determine the reportable portion of the employee's super (the portion above the 9.5% SGC). But all is not lost! Speak to your accounting advisor about your options, or ask the experts on the community forum

So your answer is saying YES it is reportable if you follow the screen shot above ?? Am i correct to interpret it this way ? 

Partner PaperworkPlace
9 Posts
Partner
Australia

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

You need to set up new two new payroll categories, both additional wage and deduction, to then be able to process wage for RESC (additional super).  

My example screen shots are the way i have set up and then process RESC so that it shows correctly on Payment Summary. This is not either / or options shown, it is the way it works to generate reporting correctly and digitally from MYOB Essentials. I cannot generate payslip unless put in as wages first, then deduction for same amount (as per screen shot example payroll advice), it has not worked any other way. I have spent a lot of time with both MYOB and accountant to ensure i could generate digital payment summary and it report correctly (and not have to hand write them each year). This is the way it has worked and does report on payment summary, so can digitally prepare / lodge and provide to employee and ATO respectively.

Hope that makes sense and answers your query

Contributing User Consulting4accs
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank You. All clear now. Employer contributions over 9.5% can added to payment summary. cool  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post