11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Jobkeeper extension- Changing final fortnight to FN26

Hi all,

How do you change the final jobkeeper fortnight to FN26?

I read the instructions from FAQ below, however, there is already an option to choose FN26, why then do you need to do the below? 

Can I just select start FN1 and final FN26 and then click notify the ATO? Thanks!

...........................................................................................................................................

What if I've submitted FN13 as an employee's finish fortnight but they'll continue to receive JobKeeper?
What if I've submitted FN13 as an employee's finish fortnight but they'll continue to receive JobKeeper?

When you first set up JobKeeper, you might have submitted an employee's finish fortnight as 14 Sep - 27 Sep JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN13. This is understandable as JobKeeper was originally going to end at this time.

But if you'll continue paying the employee under the JobKeeper scheme after this date, you'll need to remove their finish fortnight.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
  2. Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
  3. Click the JobKeeper payments tab.
  4. Select the employee.  
  5. For the start fortnight, choose 14 Sep - 27 Sep JOBKEEPER-START-FN13 (so it matches their finish fortnight).

6. Repeat steps 4-5 for each employee who needs FN13 removed as their finish fortnight.
  7. Click Notify the ATO.
  8. When prompted, enter the name of the authorised sender and click Send. When you check the Payroll Reporting Centre, you'll now notice:
    • the employee's finish fortnight has been removed, and
    • the employee's originally submitted start date is shown.
    Here's an example:

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Re: Jobkeeper extension- Changing final fortnight to FN26

Hello @Bec712 

The steps you have indicated above do need to be followed if you have already submitted FN13 as the finish fortnight and wish to continue JobKeeper. Simply changing the finish fortnight to FN26 won't automatically cancel out that previously submitted FN13. The instructions given to input START FN13 and FINISH FN13 will remove that previous submission, leaving those particular employees refreshed to carry on with subsequent FNs through FN26. Please do follow those instructions to ensure accurate reporting for the upcoming FNs beyond FN13.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. 

So once I have done that, I will input start FN14 and Final FN26 with the employee tier information included, and then notify the ATO? 

MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Hello @Bec712 

You should not notify of a finish fortnight until the employee actually stops receiving JobKeeper. Should anything change between now and FN26, having Finish FN26 already input could create issues down the line. 

After following the instructions to cancel the previously submitted Finish FN13, you will need to submit the Tier information and continue declaring on a monthly basis as before. Here is a Help Article on this and how to proceed with the JobKeper Extension which should assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner
24 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

24Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi, what if the client was no longer eligible for the first Jobkeeper extension so employees were given a finish date for Fortnight 14 and lodged through STP.

However now the client is eligible for the second extension. I can put in the start fortnight as Fortnight 21 no problem but still am showing the finish as Fortnight 14 and can't remove it.. So there was no Jobkeeper paid for fortnights 15 - 20....help!

Thanks

Lyn

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @Lyn_BAS 

You will need to cancel the incorrect finish fortnight by notifying the matching start fortnight as per the ATO's instructions:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight

As you need to cancel FINISH-FN14 you will need to notify START-FN14 to cancel that finish fortnight.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post