One off - Bonus/Incentive Payment (not part of a normal pay cycle)

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

One off - Bonus/Incentive Payment (not part of a normal pay cycle)

Good day

Our normal pay cycle is fortnightly.  I need to process a one-off bonus payment and can't work out how to do that in Essentials.  The pay cycle options are - Weekly/Fortnightly/Four weekly/Annual.  

It won't make sense to set it to Weekly, as leave/PAYE etc will all be affected and in theory be calculated incorrectly.  In my opinion, the tax will be calculated incorrectly as you won't count for the Bonus payment as an 'Extra Pay'? 

Will appreciate assistance on this, thanks. 

M

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
570 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

570Posts

48Kudos

79Solutions

Re: One off - Bonus/Incentive Payment (not part of a normal pay cycle)

Hello @mlhr 

To do this in Essentials, you will need to create a new Pay Item. The option to create a 'Bonus' pay item is located under Payroll --> Pay Items --> Create Earning. 'Bonus' will be an option in the drop down list under 'Type.' This can then be applied to the employee in question as a one-off payment.

Please refer to this Help Article: Bonus and commission payments for full instructions. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Bonus.PNG
Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily

Thank you for your reply, however, that doesn't answer my question.  The question is how do I create a one-off pay run, outside our normal fortnightly pay run?

I don't have a timeframe for what this payment relates to.  It is a once-off bonus.  I attached a screenshot for your reference, as this is where I am stuck. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
570 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

570Posts

48Kudos

79Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @mlhr 

My apologies, I do see where your itnitial question lies now. After creating the Bonus Pay Item and attaching it to the employee in question, you can go ahead and process a one-off pay. 

In Essentials, although the pay period options are Weekly, Fortnightly, and Monthly, you can still input a manual date range using the calendars. Change the dates per your discretion - you could make this singular payrun Fortnightly from 11/6/20 to 25/6/20 with a paydate of 26/6/20 if you wanted the employee to receive the bonus ASAP, for example. Even if you have already completed a pay run for a particular payment period, you can still do additional pay runs for an employee within that same date range. 

After you have done this, you can manually remove the autofilled work hours, and by double-clicking the PAYE and Super, you can delete or modify the values in those columns. All that should remain on the payslip is the Bonus Pay Item you attached earlier. 

Then, just unattach the Bonus Pay Item from that employee and that ensure that the dates are correct on your next standard pay run. 

Please let us know how you get on and if we can assist further. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post