Contributing User
Texol
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super Calculations

I purchased the subscription for MYOB Essentials today and registered with ATO for OTP today. I ran 6 payruns backdated to July up until now. However, I noticed that only 4 payruns had super calculated and 2 payruns does not show any super. I went to 'pay superannuation' and it only shows super payments from 4 payruns. Firstly, I want to know why the software did not claculate super for 2 weeks and how do I go back and get the software to calculated super for these 2 missing payruns

15 REPLIES 15
Ultimate Partner PaulBihet
278 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
PaulBihet
Ultimate Partner

702Posts

315Kudos

107Solutions

Re: Super Calculations

Without knowing all the details of your payroll I am taking an educated guess. Super works on a threshold basis generally $450 per month if your first payroll does not reach the threshold no super is included in that pay. If the second payroll run passes the threshold super is then calculated on the month to date amount and applied to the second payment 

eg paid $400 week 1 no super 

paid $600 week 2

super for week 2 is $95 (is based on $1,000)

is this what what has happened??

Please mark as a solution if you find this has assisted you with your enquiry
Paul Bihet MYOB Certified Consultant
(Bookkeeper Support & Training)
MYOB Sales, Installation & Support
B.A.S. Service Provider
Phone (08) 7131 1116
Mobile 0413 313 403
Fax (08) 7200 7715
Email: paul@mysupportman.com.au
Contributing User Texol
6 Posts
Contributing User
Texol
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No, I do not think this happened. In the 1st week, it did not calculate super on two pays-one for $411 and the other for $300. It did calculate on the 2nd pay but only on $411 and $300. It continued calculating super until it missed out to calculate super in the week ending 31/7/19. It did calculate the following week.

Now, how can I fix it. How do I go back and put super because if I did not do it, it will not be reported to ATO and thus problem.

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,052 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1055Posts

848Kudos

191Solutions

Hi @Texol 

From what you have described it looks like super is calculating as explained by @PaulBihet. The first week pays were under the threshold so super wouldn’t calculate. 

For the week ending 31/7/19, what was the payment date? If it was 1/8/19 then that is the first August payrun so again super wouldn’t be calculated. The month a payrun is reported in is determined by payment date, not pay period, as per the ATO.

To check if super has calculated correctly add up the Ordinary Time Earnings (OTE) for the payruns with July payment dates and multiple by 9.5%.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

278 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
PaulBihet
Ultimate Partner

702Posts

315Kudos

107Solutions

Start to Process a payroll with zero dollars for wages in the applicable month if there is a shortfall it will still calculate the super owing if not run the payroll reports to completely check whether the super is actually owing

B.A.S. Service Provider
Phone (08) 7131 1116
Mobile 0413 313 403
Fax (08) 7200 7715
Contributing User Texol
6 Posts
Contributing User
Texol
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yeh, you could be right. The pay day for week ending 31/7/19 was 1/8/19. Ok how do I fix it so that it does not do again in future? Also, how can I go back and correct the previous 2 payruns to claculate super.

Contributing User Texol
6 Posts
Contributing User
Texol
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, I cannot understand you and this does not fix my problem. There must be a solution to this. Does anybody know the email of MYOB support?

278 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
PaulBihet
Ultimate Partner

702Posts

315Kudos

107Solutions

Note the week ending date is not relevant. All payroll calculations are required to be calculated on the day of actual payment of wages 

B.A.S. Service Provider
Phone (08) 7131 1116
Mobile 0413 313 403
Fax (08) 7200 7715
Contributing User Texol
6 Posts
Contributing User
Texol
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is not a fix to the problem so can MYOB do sosme thing to correct this issue. In the meantime, how can I rectify this problem. How can I go back and calculate the super on the 2 pays.

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,052 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1055Posts

848Kudos

191Solutions

Hi @Texol 

Super not calculating in the first week when OTE’s are under the $450 threshold is not an error. MYOB is calculating super correctly as per the ATO rulings. Super should not be calculating on the first week each month for those employees who do not reach the threshold.

You need to check that the total super calculated for the month is correct, not each pay period.

Print the Pay Items transaction report, dated from 1 July to 31 July. Manually add up all pay items that are OTE’s for each employee and multiple that amount by 9.5%.  This should be the same as the total per employee in pay super.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post