Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Why is MYOB Essential reporting a pay run to the ATO that I did not process

Hi there,

My accountant has noticed that under Payroll -> Payroll Reporting -> Reports, my MYOB Essentials account has submitted two pay runs to the ATO which I have not submitted. 

I have not processed then cancelled a pay run. Only myself and my accountant have access to the MYOB Essentials Account. 

The ATO STP records for Q1 2021 FY show two pay runs processed and accepted. These are noticed as the pay runs are submitted on days I do NOT process pays and what has actually been paid does not match this amount. 

I have attached documents. 

1) ATO STP records for Q1 2021 FY – as a reference of the discrepancy

2) MYOB Payroll Reporting history summary, there was a pay run on 21 August 2020 reported to the ATO

3) Details of this pay run

The same thing happened on 14/10.

Can anyone help as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Jess 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,490 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,490Posts

766Kudos

870Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Why is MYOB Essential reporting a pay run to the ATO that I did not process

Hi @Jess5151 

Thanks for your post. Any time you send a notification to the ATO through STP a pay event is created in Payroll reporting centre>>Reports. A such, a pay event is not just processed payruns, it can be $0 pays, termination notifications, JobKeeper fortnight notifications or JobKeeper tier notifications. 

STP updates the YTD amounts each time a report is accepted so the important thing to check is that the YTD amounts are correct. I would recommend running the Payroll summary report and checking that against the YTD verification report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab). If those reports match, then you're all good.

For peace of mind, you can also confirm that the ATO has the correct YTD amounts by getting your employees to check their myGov accounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jess5151
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Why is MYOB Essential reporting a pay run to the ATO that I did not process

Thanks very much Tracey, this makes sense and the reports you mention do match.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jess 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post