2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

one payroll - several payments

evening, I have a payroll (processed and lodged with the ATO) which has been paid over several payments to the employee (ie two different payments to make up the one payroll run) . 

How do I reconcile this ? 

would I do it via a journal perhaps ?  or how do I split the payrun amount for that employee'where do I post them too ?  not the wages line I'm sure of that. 

any tips please

thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,340Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: one payroll - several payments

Hi @PGKP 

From a banking side of things, how many payments for that one payroll transaction are there?

If you are looking at 2 payments from the bank account, you would be using the split payments option on their employee record in the Banking section and split that payment. By doing in this it will create two banking transactions for the one payroll transaction to which you can match to the bank transactions that do come in.

If there are 3 or more payments you would be looking at processing that pay to a holding account, which you have set as the Bank Account for Paying Wages. Once the pay has been recorded, you would record a Spend Money transaction from the main bank account to the holding account for the desired transactional amounts, which in turn will generate the necessary bank transactions in which you can match to the incoming bank transactions.

Note: If you have processed a payroll transaction this will need to be deleted before the above can be actioned. Check out our Help Article: Changing or deleting a pay for more information on that task.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post