Apple Pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dog_E_Dr
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Apple Pay

When an invoice is emailed, there is no option for paying via Apple Pay. The only options are BPay and credit card. Even the help video doesn't have apple pay as an available payment despite it being on the options for payment on the invoice itself. Am I missing something? Did I need to sign up for it? I thought it came with the update?

13 REPLIES 13
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Apple Pay

Hi @Dog_E_Dr 

Apple Pay should be available as a payment option for all users that have Online Invoice Payments enabled. This was introduced to the AccountRight range with the latest upgrade AccountRight 2022.10. As such, do ensure that you are on that version of the software to have access to that option - Help>>About AccountRight. Our Help Article: Getting the latest version will assist if you are not on that latest version.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

With MYOB Essentials, Applepay payments do not show up as Paid. I receive a notice telling me the invoice is paid but it does not show up as paid. This has happened twice now. I am resorting to deleting the jobs and making something up s othat the book-keeping makes sense.

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I was told by chat support that the Applepay option only appears to a customer (not to me) when they select a payment option after clicking Pay Now.

BTW: Invoices that have been paid to me using Applepay do not appear as PAID. I receive notifications that they have been paid. But the invoice never appears as paid. I need to enter a manual payment and trust that the payment is real.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @MorenoG 

Generally speaking, when an online payment has been made on an invoice that invoice will be marked as closed and the payment be received into the bank account once processing has taken place (typically 1-2 days). 

If you do have an example where that is not occurring then we would love to see an example of where you have received the invoice but it hasn't been marked as close.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I've had 2 cases so far, both Apple Pay. Never had this problem with Visa or Mastercard. I tell clients not to pay with American Express or BPay. Like I said, Chat Help told me that I need to enter the Applepay payment manually and I did that to my second Applepay payment (I deleted the first one). Next time it happens I will send you screenshots. I don't fancy using chat or phone support ever again after waiting hours and hours. I've even considered switching online services but it's a lot of work. I always look for work-arounds. I've even been left wondering whether I missed something like an upgrade. I use MYOB Essentials Online so thought any upgrades would have been done by you online.

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have just had a new invoice paid by Applepay. Where do I send the screenshots so they are private?

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The same thing seems to be happening with Google Pay. If this problem doesn't go away I will ask customers to pay using bank transfers. I will turn off online payments.

MorenoG
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoices paid by Apple Pay and Googlepay now showing as not paid and yet I have received notices telling me they are paid. What do I do with these invoices now? Clients think they have paid me. Have they?

paid or not : Apple Pay and Googlepay.jpg

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post