3 Posts
User
Australia
TheBaz

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can't send emails from myob

hi, I have MYOB Accounting V18 that I have been using and have never been able to get it to send out invoices like I used to when I was running V13 with Outlook express. I recently upgraded my PC and am now using Win 10 with outlook 2016.  Dell Optiplex i74770 8gb.   As I was running Live Mail for years I added Windows Live Essentials 2012 for my email.

I found that if I tried to email from myob that it would bring up a Live mail 2012 box and get ready to email the invoice. This would only happen if Live mail was closed. It would not oipen the program but just seem to use it for a conduit for emailing. The dialog box for emailing would come up and when send was selected I would get the message,   "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it.".

I have Outlook set as default email and have now set Outlook as being my mail client, but nothing has changed with myob, it still seems to always open the Live mail 2012 in the background to email then fails with the "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it.".

The strange thing is myob does exactly the same thing on my Laptop (Dell Latitude E6330 i7 3520m 8gb) running the same version of Windows (1803 17134.472) and Office (Ver 1811, build 11029.20108 click to run) but does not get the error message and sends the email in the background as long as Live mail is closed.

I have searched for an answer and not come up with anything to solve the problem.

I hope someone has come up with a solution to this or can ofer some advice.

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,026 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27026Posts

3151Kudos

3960Solutions

Re: Can't send emails from myob

Hi @TheBaz

Accounting v18 is an older version of the program and would not be tested thus not supported with older versions of Outlook such as Outlook 2016. Accounting v18 was released back in 2008 so it would be supported with Outlook versions of that time such as Outlook 2007

However, in saying that, I would recommend taking a look at AccountRight V19 Support Note: Fixing Email issues - Section: "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it." in regards to that particular message.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
TheBaz
3 Posts
User
Australia
TheBaz

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Steven.

I purchased Myob v18 around 2008 and was incredibly disapointed with the fact that emails could not be sent the way I was previously able to send them with v13 and Outlook express.

I have managed after much searching to be offered a solution that by someone who had no link to MYOB at all as my searching and communication with myob offered no resolution to my problem.

I must say how dissapointed I was to have purchased a product with twelve months free support and never managed to get the email problem sorted and so I just ened up living with the fact that I had to save the invoices and then attach them manually.  I am amazed that after ten years people seem to be having the same problems with MYOB that I was having when I first started to use v18.

I now have my system working fine with myob v18 emailing as it should, so it can be done. I am surprised that no one at MYOB seems to be able to offer any advice to solve my original problem other than to suggest an upgrade, (in which it would seem users are experiencing the same problems.)

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Regards

Baz

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,026 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27026Posts

3151Kudos

3960Solutions

Hi @TheBaz

Email integration with AccountRight can a tricky thing and can occasionally generate errors. In the case, of AccountRight Classic we do recommend ensuring that you have a compatible version of Outlook for your AccountRight product and that it is installed before AccountRight. This will ensure that the necessary connections are in place so AccountRight can hook onto those.

In some cases, the process doesn't go acccording to plan and for those situations we do recommend looking at the AccountRight v19 Support Note linked in my previous post. Alternatively, you are always welcome to post on the Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post