Choice of which online payments can be accepted

Spud64
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Choice of which online payments can be accepted

I am interested in setting up online payments for customer invoices.

1. Do I have to accept all 3 cards? Visa, Mastercard and AMEX?

2. Amex traditionally charges the provider a higher percentage fee, this is not addressed in the fees and charges section in MYOB Help, are the fees for a customer paying by AMEX the same as Visa and Mastercard?

3. Do I have to accept BPAY?

4. I currently do not have a BPAY facility and do not want to accept BPAY, so can I exclude BPay from my online payments? 

5. The icon to put on the invoices includes all 4 payment methods, is there a way to change this?

6. How long do online payments take to appear in my account after the customer has paid? 

7. And how long does the payment take to appear in MYOB?

8. and is there an alert to me, the seller, that a payment has been received? via what method?

9. Do I need a merchant account with my bank to set up ONLINE payments through MYOB? 

9. or can I use a normal trading account as it is only for funds (ie payments) to be deposited into?

thanks

Ali

4 REPLIES 4
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
5,530 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,530Posts

394Kudos

605Solutions

Re: Choice of which online payments can be accepted

Hi @Spud64

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Our help article Online Invoice payments has all the information on how online payments work in our AccountRight software. Unfortunately you can't remove a specific payment method when setting up Online payments, all 3 selections will appear for the invoices. You can however deselect the Online payments option when creating an invoice if you don't wish to use this feature for that particular invoice. 

Additionally, the payments made via this service will automatically go into the bank account you've nominated. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Spud64
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Thanks for the reply it would be great if you could answer all the questions, thanks

The fees and charges section and all Online invoice payment sections do not cover these questions hence my asking.

1.  Are the fees for a customer paying by AMEX the same as Visa and Mastercard?

2. Do I have to accept BPAY? Are the charges the same and how  long does BPAY take to appear in my account?

3. The icon to put on the invoices includes all 4 payment methods, is there a way to change this?

4.  How long do online payments take to appear in my account after the customer has paid? 

5. And how long does the payment take to appear in MYOB?

6. and is there an alert to me, the seller, that a payment has been received? via what method?

thanks

Ali

Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
5,530 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,530Posts

394Kudos

605Solutions

Hi @Spud64

1.  Are the fees for a customer paying by AMEX the same as Visa and Mastercard? The fees for online payments are Transaction fee: $0.25 per transaction + 1.8% of the invoice value (you can pass on the 1.8% to your customers) Our article Fees and charges for online payments has information on this. 

2. Do I have to accept BPAY? Are the charges the same and how long does BPAY take to appear in my account? All payment methods will appear for the invoices, you cannot remove a specific payment method. If a customer chooses to pay via BPAY, they will not incur a surcharge fee. However, you will continue to be charged any fees related to payments received via BPAY. More information on this available on our article Customer surcharging for online payments. Generally BPAY payments take 2-3 business days to appear in your account. 

3. The icon to put on the invoices includes all 4 payment methods, is there a way to change this? No, as mentioned all payment methods will appear for the invoices this unfortunately cannot be changed. 

4.  How long do online payments take to appear in my account after the customer has paid? 

5. And how long does the payment take to appear in MYOB?

6. and is there an alert to me, the seller, that a payment has been received? via what method?
When a customer makes an online payment, it'll automatically be recorded into AccountRight, and the associated invoice will be closed off. You'll also receive an email notification about the payment. Depending on the cut off time with your bank, if the payment has been made before 5pm it should go in through the following day, if it is after 5pm this would take 1 business day to appear in your account. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Spud64
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions