5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Credit Card Surcharge and Payment Allocation

Hello,

I have spent hours with MYOB Support trying to work on this issue.  After waiting a very long time for support both through chat and telephone, I was given unsatisfactory answers. I hope someone can help me here..

I have a customer who was charged an invoice plus a surcharge fee.

The invoice amount was $405.35.

The surcharge was $7.30.

Total - $412.65

The customer paid the invoice online totalling $412.65.

The invoice on MYOB states that it is paid (Payment received CR000XXX Received $405.35).

The bank feed is showing a payment of $412.65 (MYOB PAYBY MYOB000XXX).

ISSUE

I am unable to allocate the payment of $412.65 in Bank Feed Transactions to the invoice.  The invoice does not show up in the Match Transaction list as the invoice is already marked as paid by MYOB (Payment received CR000XXX Received $405.35).

So, I try to delete the Payment Received so I can allocate the Bank Feed Transaction of $412.65 to the invoice through the Match Transaction tab, but I am unable to delete the Payment Received (payment) and an error message comes up (Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: xxx...)

I have tried deleting and redoing the invoice, but the same thing happens as above. MYOB will automatically allocate the $405.35 payment to it and I still cannot delete the Payment Received that MYOB has recorded against the invoice.

I still have the transaction of $412.65 on my Bank Feed that I cannot allocate to the correct invoice.

Can someone please assist?

--

Despite all the time I spent with MYOB support, I was not given a solution to this issue I am having. I am quite frustrated with the new MYOB update - even with so much time spent working with the new software, it all seems quite muddled and everything seems to take so much longer to complete. I am seriously considering moving to another accounting software.

Thank you for your support,

Sonia Rykiel

13 REPLIES 13
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Credit Card Surcharge and Payment Allocation

Hi @SoniaRykiel 

Thank you for your post. May I extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The payments that you receive will be recorded as unmatched and the surcharge fees will be recorded under the ledger account you chose (you chose an account when you turned on surcharging). The surcharge amount will have the same reference number as the received payment, but with an additional 'S' at the end. To summarize, this means they are separated at first. 

For example, say you received two online payments on Monday and each transaction will be listed as unmatched. MYOB will deposit the total of the two payments overnight into your bank account as one lump sum. Now on Tuesday, you should be able to match the deposited transaction that will appear on your bank feed and bank statements. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SoniaRykiel
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sean

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that the surcharge amount will have the same reference number as the received payment, but with an additional 'S' at the end.

Unfortunately, when I go to allocate the lump sum payment in bank transactions, both the required transactions do not appear together and I am unable to select the corresponding transactions.

For example, when I am going to allocate the deposited lump sum payment of $412.65 only the invoice appears in the match transaction list. The surcharge amount is not present.

However, when I am allocating other transactions in the withdrawal section - I do see the surcharge amount with the corresponding reference number with an 's' on the end.

Please assist. 

Regards,

Sonia

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,890 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,890Posts

90Kudos

375Solutions

Hi @SoniaRykiel

Thank you for your response. 

As per @Sean_DC, the invoice would only be matched with the invoice amount and not the surcharge in this situation the $412.65. But another thing about Online Invoice Payments is that the payments that are being recorded right after the customer pays would not be directly recorded in the bank account instead they would be recorded into a clearing account "undeposited funds". You need to go on "prepare bank deposits" to transfer them to the right bank account and have them matched. 

Here is the helpful article Online invoice payments, this will serve as a guide to the process.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Cheers, 

Genreve

SoniaRykiel
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hello again,

I must say that although your answers make sense and I understand what you are saying - they are not applicable on my end and are not resolving my issue.

Do you have video call available?

june
Experienced User
40 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve, I just came across your post. I'm facing the same issue regarding how to allocate the surcharge for EFTPOS card payments. The good thing is we don't use bank feed.

Here's what I've done: when a customer comes into the shop to pay an invoice, after the EFTPOS payment is processed, the EFTPOS receipt automatically adds 1% (for example, if the invoice amount is $100.00, it becomes $101.00 after EFTPOS processing). Subsequently, I create a receipt payment (through MYOB banking receive money) of $1.00 allocated to the Merchant Account, effectively crediting Merchant Fees by $1.00.

Just wondering what I've done if it is reasonable? What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

June Ci

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,289 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,289Posts

111Kudos

258Solutions

Hi @June

Thanks for the insight and sorry for the delayed response. 

I don't see any problem with how you record your transactions. But if you need to make sure this is correct, I recommend seeking help from an accountant/financial adviser. 

Feel free to post again if you require any other assistance. 

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Jessie-L
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sonia,

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone was able to assist you with this issue?  I'm having the exact same problem and posted to the forum in December with no response.  Then spent the next 4 weeks going back and forth in email with MYOB support to try and rectify the issue, which ended up being a complete waste of time.  All of the potential solutions offered were the same as what was mentioned in response to your enquiry.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,

Jessie Littlefield

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,289 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,289Posts

111Kudos

258Solutions

Hi @Jessie-L,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the delayed response. Could you please provide details about the issue you're experiencing so we can assist you further? Additionally, you may find helpful information in this help article about Online invoice payments.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Jessie-L
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

I'm having the same issue as Sonia posted above.  I posted on the MYOB forum last year which was very detailed and included screenshots of the problem, and after receiving no response, I sent a support request on the 27th November last year (01528934).  After almost a month of going back and forth in emails with MYOB 'support', the issue has still not been rectified.  All that was suggested were the exact same potential solutions that I managed to come across myself whilst I waited to hear back from someone. 

I also suggested a phone call with MYOB support, or to have someone access our account at the same time I was logged in so we could discuss and resolve the issue in real time whilst looking at the same screen/s.  Instead, I wasted almost a month with back and forth emails.

At this point, I've now left it with my Accountant to try and fix, and am seriously considering passing on the bill to MYOB for her time to do so.  My only other thought was to cancel my bank feeds and then have to go back to manually entering all data, which almost defeats the purpose of having this program to begin with.

We've had MYOB for going on 12 years now since we first established our business and started with Just Invoices, and I have to say, the program seems to get worse every time there's an update. 

So I appreciate your response Earl, but unfortunately, I'm not even remotely confident you'll be able to help with this matter.

Thank you for your time.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post