Invoicing based on contact

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Reado15
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Invoicing based on contact

Previously in the old MYOB your contacts list showed you who the person was when generating an invoice. Meaning if you needed to invoice different people within an organisation seperately it was easy to ascertain the correct contact. 

Now not only do you have to pot luck chose which contact is the right one (as it only shows multiple entries of the company name), once you have generated an invoice it greys out the contact billing informaiton so you can't change it!

I have now lost count of my problems with this "new and improved MYOB" and its clear there was almost zero usabiltiy testing done as even very basic things that businesses require are just not there. I am seriously considering moving to Xero. I am at the end of my tether. Anyone got any work arounds? 

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Invoicing based on contact

Hi @Reado15 

Sorry to hear that you're not liking the newer Essentials platform. We aware that the customer list doesn't show the contact name when creating an invoice, this has logged as an enhancement request for a future update. 

Please do provide details of the other problems you're having and we'll be happy to help. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jtp1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue - I have multiple contacts in several of the organisations I invoice and this is so frustrating!

What's worse, in the old Essentails I just typed the contact name, so this feature has been removed! If it ever gets into the new version it won't be an "enhancement", just a return to the previous better version.

So far I have only found 1 thing that's better in the new Essentials and countless things that are worse or broken. It's almost impossible to believe how badly this change has been implemented.

Is there any timeline for this to be fixed?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @jtp1 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. At this stage I'm not able to provide a timeframe for this. If you need assistance with other issues you're experiencing please don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Richard-SA
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Any update on this one?? It has been 5 months since the original post?

You mentioned this has logged as an enhancement request for a future update... we have had a few updates since then.

I really need this function for a new client

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Richard-SA 

This has been logged as an enhancement request for a future update, however, I'm not able to advise on if or when this will implemented. I have passed your feedback on to the relevant teams.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post