Is it Phishing?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EBAS
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Is it Phishing?

I received a text to my private phone number in Dec 2021, quoting a serial number I don't recognise, asking me to call a number that is not on the MYOB website and providing a web address of https://bit.ly/someothernumbers.

It all looked like a scam to me so I ignored it.   Got a follow up email offering me a $100- gift card if I gave my agreement to supply my identifying documents.   Whoa there, that REALLY makes it look like a scam.

Received two more texts, (still to my private number and referencing a serial number that I don't have access to) so I finally figured I had better check with MYOB and see if there was some substance to them.  After calling MYOB and being handballed, I spent over half an hour on the phone waiting, I got cut off.  So here I am, trying to get some answers to these texts.   Are they legit?  What client are they for?   How can I get some answers and why aren't the call centre staff made aware that many people are querying these texts / emails as they so closely look fake?   

Thanks

Angela

3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Is it Phishing?

Hi @EBAS

Sorry to hear about your experience. MYOB does take Security and Privacy seriously, to our knowledge we don't send out those texts and based on what you have indicated it does sound like a scam, we would need to get some more information. 

Can you please send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial number 
  • Your full name and email address 
  • Copy of the text you received

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

EBAS
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Just checking you got my reply with screen shots of the texts I received.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @EBAS

Yes I've received your private message, I responded on the 14/4 requesting the email that you've received aswell so we can pass it on to our teams. To view your private messages please sign into the Community Forum > Click on your avatar on the top right hand corner of the window > Select the envelope icon. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post