Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PayDirect Error: Ooops. Card reader update failed. Please try again

Today for some reason my Paydirect Device is nolonger working.  The error I get from my phone is "Oops.  Card reader update failed, please try again".  There is no error on the device.  It briefly flashs "Checking Updates" when I try to do the transaction but reverts to the HELLO screen.

It doesn't matter how many time I turn both devices off and on again it still keeps re-occurring.  Therefore I am unable to process any card payments for my business.  THIS COST ME BUSINESS TODAY and will tomorrow if I cannot get it working.

This is a serious problem and I would like to know if there is a solution, work around or approach I can follow to get it working urgently.

Cheers

Stephen

5 REPLIES
Hermine
1 Post
User
Hermine

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PayDirect Error: Ooops. Card reader update failed. Please try again

Hi Steve,

I have had the exact same issue since yesterday. 

Its quite ironic that this always seems to happen on the weekend and outside of MYOB PAYDIRECT customer service hours. 

The only advice I can give is try calling ASAP and speak to someone directly. Glitches with the app have occurred more and more often in the last year or so and really needs to STOP. 

It's not the reader being faulty, numerous customers that use PAYDIRECT have factory reset, re-installed app, re-paired the device and attempted to install updates with no success. 

Merchant fees should be wiped for such inconvinences, it's really getting rediculous now how much businesses are losing. Both reputation and money.

Wishing you all the luck and hopefully issues for all of us are resolved for good. 

Regards, Hermine. 

Experienced Cover User SteveP
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Hermine.

I'll be pushing therm very hard on MOnday.  No response today and I was unable to take make customer sales which is seriously bad.

I am struggling to see what if anything MYOB are doing with their small business solutions.  They are being left so far behind and wasting dollars on marketing stuff that is ridiculous.

I'm very close to ditching MYOB and going to Xero which has so many more integrations.

Hopefully they'll get this working soon.

Cheers

Steve

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4461Posts

302Kudos

698Solutions

Hi @SteveP and @Hermine,

Sorry to hear about your issues. Can I please confirm that you've both tried performing a factory reset on your device? To do this, you'll need to insert a pin into the pinhole on the side of your devices. This is generally the first thing to try with such issues so do let us know how you go with that.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User SteveP
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SteveP
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Tallie,

did all those things over the weekend and there was no change.

It is clearly a service issue as it started working this morning about 10am when I tried again.

I tried to call customer service and ended up hanging up after two hours waiting on the phone!

In the abscence of tech support over the weekend there needs to be a SERVICE STATUS page where customers can at least isolate if the problem is with their phone or device or the service itself.  This would save a HUGE amount of time being wasted.

You know everytime this happend on the weekend I presented the MYOB device to the client so they could see that the service is was failing.  The stall next to me had a SQUARE in operation and their transactions worked perfectly.  What message does that tell people about MYOB?

I'll be cancelling my MYOB Pay direct mobile service in the next few days and moving to Square.  They even have a Service Staus page, It's cheaper and they have a simple mobile POS app that leaves MYOB Invoicing for dead.

MYOB need to lift their game and stop wasting money on futuristic adds that are very misleading.

Sorry to rant Smiley Sad

Cheers

Steve

MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4461Posts

302Kudos

698Solutions

Hi @SteveP,

We're sorry to hear we weren't able to assist further but it's great to hear the issue has resolved itself. I can confirm that there were no service issues on our end and we also did not receive any reports from any other clients regarding issues with their card reader. Having said that, I am happy to pass on details of this issue on to the relevant team for further investigation - should you ever encounter such a problem again, please don't hesitate to let us know as we would be more than happy to assist.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post