25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Payment made to employee incorrectly..

I reimbursed an employee for an invoice he gave me, but I misunderstood, that it was paid via the work credit card.  He was just giving me the receipt, with other receipts.

He is happy to return the money, but wants me to deduct it out of his next two pays.  ($176)

Can I do this via entering two separate 'receive refund' transactions, each pay date?

I then need to re enter the transaction against the credit card.

thanks

Karen

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
6,968 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,968Posts

928Kudos

1,134Solutions

Re: Payment made to employee incorrectly..

Hi @KT100 

Thanks for your post. How did you process the reimbursement, was it through payroll or did you just transfer the amount directly to his bank account? If you can tell me how the purchase and reimbursment were processed I"ll be happy to give you specific information on the repayment. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KT100
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

I just paid him direct to his bank account - not via payroll.

It would be easier all round, if he just EFT the payment back to me direct.  Easier for audit trail.

But I thought I would ask if its do-able.

Thank you

karen

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
6,968 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,968Posts

928Kudos

1,134Solutions

@KT100 

Hi Karen

Personally I'd agree that it would be a lot easier and cleaner if he can eft the money back to you. If you try to deduct it from his pay you have to allocate it to a payroll category and make sure PAYG and super aren't affected, a lot of room for confusion and errors this way. If you had paid him through payroll I'd definitely say it would need to be deducted the same way.

Depending on your set up and how you recorded the original transaction, you might be able to open it and change the Pay from account to the business credit card. If you can't edit it, delete/reverse and re-enter as a normal purchase.

Then record a Spend Money transaction, Pay from account is your bank account and allocate it to a suspense account, this is for the withdrawal in your bank account when you transferred the funds to the employee. When he makes a repayment record a Receive Money transaction, Deposit to account is your bank account and allocate it to the suspense account. Once he's paid the whole amount back your suspense account should be back to zero.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post