Receive Money Default Payment Method

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IndValuersWA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receive Money Default Payment Method

Hi, 99% of our clients pay by bank transfer.  I'm looking for a way to set this up as the default option when in "Receive Money" without having to make that selection each time I set up a customer card.  Thanks. 

MYOB Payment Method.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Receive Money Default Payment Method

Hi @IndValuersWA 

The default Payment Method for a Receive Payments or Receive Money transaction is pulled from the selected customer's card. This can be set on a card via Card File>>Card Lists>>Selecting the desired customer's card>>Payment Details>>Payment Method.

When you create a customer card the system will populate that Payment Method from the Setup>>Easy Setup Assistant>>Sales>>5: Payment Information - Payment Method. Note: if you are changing values in an Easy Setup Assistant do ensure that you select Next until you get the Conclusion Step before closing the window, this will ensure that the changes are saved.

In your case, if you are wanting to use a default payment method for all your customer cards, you would be looking at updating the individual cards manually, which will correct transactions for those cards going forward. You would also want to update the Easy Sales Setup Assistant with the desired payment method so that any new cards will have that default payment.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

IndValuersWA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, most of the time this works, however I'm finding that with some clients (doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which ones) it's still not automatically selecting Bank Transfer as the method of payment.  I check that this is selected when setting up a new client card, as well as going through the Easy Setup Assistant - ensuring once selected I click "next" until all the way through.  Thoughts?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @IndValuersWA 

For those customer's that are not working as intended, how are they are being added to the company file? I would assume that you are using the Easy Add function from the card selection list. By doing that it only adds in the barest minimum to the card (the name), it will not populate information from the Easy Setup Assistant such as the layout or the payment method.  These would need to be selected after the card has been created, if required, via the Card File window.

Alternatively, selecting the New function from the customer card selection list and selecting the relevant tabs should populate that information from the Easy Setup Assistant. You would need then select the card from the list again in the transaction window after generating the card.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

IndValuersWA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

No, I am not using the "easy add" function for new clients, based entirely on the fact that I require a full customer card set up so that these default fields are activated.  For all new clients I select "New" and input their name, address, contact information, account code and check to confirm that their default is selected as bank transfer.  There seems to be no distinguishable difference between the ones that are working, and the ones that aren't.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @IndValuersWA 

So we can investigate further we would need a screenshot of the Receive Payment window for that card with the incorrect payment method selected by default and one of the Payment Details of that card. You can hide or blackout any banking details (these are not required).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post