Unknown payment correction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fergo
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unknown payment correction

I had a payment deposited into our account in July for $2262, which is one of our standard fees, with no reference number. I have several unpaid invoices for that amount so didn't know which existing invoice to allocate the payment to. To reconcille the accounts for July I allocated it to an unknown account. I now know who belongs to the payment and need to allocate that payment to their invoice. How do I correct/allocate this previous payment?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unknown payment correction

Hi @Fergo 

Thanks for your post. If I understand correctly you allocated the payment to a holding type account like the suspense account. If that is the case, you can go to Receive payments and change the Deposit to account to that holding type account and record the payment for that customer. 

Please note, that account would need to be either an asset or liability account with the Account Type set to Bank/Credit card in order for it to appear in the Deposit to account dropdown list. 

If I have misunderstood your post or you need further help please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post