Value of entering purchases versus spend money

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cavman
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Value of entering purchases versus spend money

Many of the purchases made by our business are paid on company debit card so the transactions are picked up on the bank feed. My predecessor in the job always entered all transactions as purchases then offset the purchase against the payment. It seems to me that I could just as effectively process the transaction as a Spend Money against the supplier. Is there any significant reason I should continue the existing process or is allocating it as a Spend Money transaction just as legitimate?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Value of entering purchases versus spend money

Hi @Cavman 

AccountRight is designed to record purchases from suppliers through the purchases command centre. This updates both the accounts payable control account and the inventory list if you are purchasing items.

The spend money functionality is designed for those incidental expenditures, like the morning coffee. If you were to use the spend money function, this can prevent certain reports, designed to track transactions with suppliers from reporting accurately and can also cause out of balances between the accounts payable control account and the invoices in the file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts