supplier credit over invoice amount

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jack023
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

supplier credit over invoice amount

Hi i have a bill from synergy plus on that bill is a credit which is larger than the bill, so we are in credit.  I have entered the invoice with the charges on it and also the credit and if I apply the credit to the invoice what happens to what credit is left? when the next synergy bill comes in how do I apply the credit to the next bill and possibly a bill after that until the credit is used up? I am using accountright 2020.10

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: supplier credit over invoice amount

Hi @Jack023 

In AccountRight, when you create a supplier debit note by either:

- recording a negative purchase

- reversing a purchase

- applying a larger payment to a bill

The created supplier debit will be listed under Purchase Register > Returns & Debits ready to be processed. You can apply the debit note to future purchases from the same supplier, there's certainly no need to apply the full debit amount to one purchase only. E.g. if there is debit note of $100 available, you can apply $40 to one bill, the remaining $60 will still sit under the Returns & Debits tab to be processed later. 

For more detailed instructions, I'd suggest checking out this Help article: Supplier returns, debits, and refunds.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jack023
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: supplier credit over invoice amount

thanks i realize now I can put in the amount I want to use for the credit when applying it to the invoice, I was just applying the whole amount (which I think comes up automatically)  and was a bit lost of why it wasnt working.  thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post