unpaid invoice summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gayle3
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

unpaid invoice summaries

I am having the same issues as a lot of others,  with invoice summaries being sent out randomly, one month they will go out the next they wont.  This is becoming a problem as customers are complaining about the differences in the unpaid invoice summaries and the customer statements. Nothing gets changed neither unselected or cancelled.  Like last month I had no notification of them being sent out,  so I checked to see if they had been  , and they hadn't so I sent them manually by selecting in the  print/email invoices. Today I have an email from  MYOB stating that they are  to be sent out, and that's fine as I really love the system and the way it should work, but fails every couple of months. Very frustrating,  but maybe if the unpaid invoice summaries were the same format as the statements I wouldn't have my customers complaining as much. I have spoke with several people in technical hel, very dissapointing as they have never been able to come up with any solution.

6 REPLIES 6
Jannene
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: unpaid invoice summaries

Like Gayle, I am totally lacking confidence in the invoice summaries function and it is effecting the service I provide my customers and collection of the money they owe me.  They went out in June and July then nothing in August.  I received a message saying they have now gone out for September after several phone calls to MYOB but I don't beleive they have as I have contacted someone that should have got one.  I have called MYOB 3 times over past 2 months and each time they have checked my setup and one person had me reinstall the software.  I spent many hours on the phone only to get through to someone that knows less about the invoice reminder/summary system than I do each time.  MYOB, if there is a problem with any important function in your system then please post something to your users so we know not to call and then provide regular updates on when it will be fixed.  Am I missing something because this is normal practice for all service providers I work with.     

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Gayle3  and @Jannene 

If you are not finding an invoice reminder appearing in the Sent Emails, and you have checked your setup is correct (Setting up invoice reminders), please note that an invoice can have its own terms which may be different from the card default - you can see the invoice terms by opening the invoice and viewing the Terms arrow (top right). An invoice reminder won't be sent where the invoice Terms are set to Prepaid or C.O.D. To check, go to the Sales command centre > Sales Register > Open Invoices tab > open the invoice > Terms.

The 'Sent emails' tab is the only place to check if reminders have gone out. I would suggest adding your email address as a customer email address and then checking to see if you receive these reminders.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Jannene
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Chris.  The terms on the invoice are correct and the invoice is set up to email to me so I know if email reminders are going out.  This is why I also know that invoice summaries have not gone out this month because I never got one depite the system saying they have been sent.  This is the second month invoice summaries have not gone out without any explanation so I am loosing confidence in this process.  All my settings have been checked by your consultants and are correct.  

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Jannene 

Sorry for the delay in my response. 

The emails for the invoice reminders are sent out using the address of noreply@apps.myob.com. I would make sure that you haven't got this address blocked and double check your spam folders incase it was filtered into this.

The other thing I would suggest doing is turning on the TLS settings in windows explorer. to do this you will need to do the following:

• Open Internet Explorer > Select the Tools Toggle > choose Internet Options
  • Select the Advanced tab and scroll down until you get to TLS settings ensure these are selected
  • Ensure that Use TSL 1.1 and Use TSL 1.2 are selected
  • Choose OK to save these settings

If aren't able to send invoice reminders without issue after selecting both the TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols, repeat the above steps and use only the TLS 1.2 protocol.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Jannene
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris.

After 6 months of the system telling me invoice summaries were sent but not always telling and knowing they were not going to my customers ever, several hours on the phone to the MYOB support line over several months, often talking to someone the knew less than I did about invoice summaries, reinstalling the software, being put through to the technical support team outside their work hours and cut off on another occasion, I raised a complaint with MYOB and 6 weeks later their developers found their process was failing because there was a space at the end of my email address, which was only affecting this process.  They have fixed it so hopefully anyone else having a similar problem will also have it fixed. 

I am not sure why you are telling me how to fix a problem with invoice reminders because it is invoice summaries as the heading said and yes, I did have MYOB support people telling me how to fix invoice reminders when I told them it was invoice summaires and one person even suggested that the reason I was not receiving the invoice summary to my monitoring email account was because it was an Xtra email and they were unreliabe.  I love my MYOB system and have been a customer for over 20 years but their support over the last couple of years leaves a lot to be desired, and is frustrating and wasted a lot of my time.   

Jannene
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have been having the same problem for over 6 months with it sometimes telling me they were going and other times not but they were never being sent, even in the months when it said they were.  The developers finally found that it was because there was a space in the set up of my email address (not the customers) and have put in a fix to stop this happening to others.  In the meantime, I have removed the space and am expecting them to go next month.  The space does not appear to have affected anything else.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post