Partner Zone

Updating Email Address for Clients in MYOB Portal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GA1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Updating Email Address for Clients in MYOB Portal

I don't understand why MYOB won't allow you to update a user's (client) email address on the Portal.

(I think it's a bit inefficient to be honest, as some users are connected to multiple Portals.) Can someone please explain why this is the case? Or suggest a solution which doesn't involve creating a new user everytime a client changes their email address?

Or is creating a new user the only way to go about this?

3 REPLIES 3
Jacksen
Valued User
63 Posts
Valued User
Australia
Valued User

63Posts

34Kudos

11Solutions

Re: Updating Email Address for Clients in MYOB Portal

This is even more frustrating when the client goes to approve something and they are still logged in as their old email or the user/pass prefills and they are calling up asking why they can't see the task.

GA1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed! This happened to me this morning. It's such a time waster.

nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @GA1 

The email address is used behind the scene and linked to digital signatures applied to the documents.

We recommend the old email user be renamed and then a new user added with the new email. 

The old/incorrect email user can be removed from the portal if required.  This will stop them from being able to login with the old email address in error.

Please refer to MYOB article - https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/vR6EAQ for more details. 

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post