Advisor Error - Accounts Receivable

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

282Posts

33Kudos

26Solutions

Advisor Error - Accounts Receivable

Hi @Steven_M and everyone else

I originally posted this bug which you responded to back in September last year  Re: MYOB Advisor - Accounts Receivable - Aged Rece... - MYOB Community.  At that time, whilst I knew what was causing the issue it was difficult to completely articulate the transactions necessary for it to appear.

I have had some time to revisit this issue which is still present in the software.

As mentioned in the previous post it only tends to manifest itself when orders are part receipted prior to the order being converted to an invoice (i.e. Customer Deposits).  To demonstrate this error  I have created a new online ARL file and only entered the bare minimum transactions necessary to create the error.  I have listed the transactions which were entered into the MYOB file and provide more information on these below.

Transactions.png

• Sale – SJ03 - $10,000 on 1/5/2021 – No Payments receipted against sale.
  • Order - $20,000 on the 10/6/2021
    • Payment on the Order CR01 - (which created the customer deposit) of $5,000 on the 10/6/2021
    • Converted the Order to Sale and dated the Invoice SJ02 - 15/6/2021 (quite a common practice as payment terms are on invoice not order).
    • On conversion the system creates a customer credit SJ01 – 15/6/2021.  This transfers the customer deposit to reduce the invoice balance created by converting the order to an invoice.
    • Part receipt of Invoice SJ02 – CR02 – 20/06/2021 - $2,500.00
    • Final receipt of Invoice SJ02 – CR03 – 24/6/2021 - $12,500.00

I can see from the above where the problem arises.  There is a payment (customer deposit) dated prior to the invoice date. Unfortunately, this is a necessity as an order can exist in the clients system for months and when invoiced the date needs to be updated to a current date.  This of course leaves deposit paid dated prior to the invoice date.

From this data the following is generated by Advisor which is very misleading, even though some might say it is technically right.  It would be great to get this addressed in some way.  Whilst it is easy to make sense of the issue with one transaction when you have a business with hundreds of debtors and many hundreds of thousands of deposits it is near impossible to make any sense of it what so ever.  What appears to be happening is that the individual period balances are calculated with a balancing items in the final column which in this case is wrong as the 30+ days balance is only $10,000 not $15,000.

Advisor Screenshot.png

I would be more than happy to provide any further information but it would be nice is this problem is rectified.

I would love to use Advisor more (it is a great product) but it is near impossible to provide it to a client when there is a glaring error in one of the graphs and its associated descriptive text. It just undermines the excellence of the rest of the software.

Trevor
3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Advisor Error - Accounts Receivable

Hi @Trevor_Harrison 

Just testing this situation, with a new file that I have created to try to replicate this situation. As you can see from the screenshots, my transactions do appear to be the same as yours, however, I have a different result. Am I missing something with the process here that would be critical to making that system not work as intended and showcase your results?

Capture 3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

282Posts

33Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for continuing to look at this.

I also get the same report that you provided when running the quarterly report for July 2021.

If you run the report for the June Qtr you should get the same output as me.

Regards

Trevor
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Trevor_Harrison 

There we go that is what I was missing - can replicate it now.

I've passed it onto the required team to look into it further for you and raise it with the required product team to ensure that it's on their radar.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post