MYOB Account Right Std Lost Data Recovery

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
S-DS
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Account Right Std Lost Data Recovery

Hello,

A client of mine has been using MYOB on their computer and the computer crashed. They managed to recover files and saved it to a Hard Disk.

They the tried loading the information into a new computer (Windows 10), however some recent financial data was missing. 

They kept getting a message which said that they didn't have the correct MYOB subscription for the file they were trying to load.

Note - the file is a .box file.

I couldn't load it onto My Practice as a box file...

Any assistance is appreciated:

1. How do I get access to this file on My Practice?

2. How do I regain lost financial data (the most recent transactions that have disappeared?)

EDIT: For Q1 I have learnt that .box file is not the company file so will try to get a hold of that and see if it loads. For Q2, can only hope that the data will be there as Version 2020.3 from my understanding is the latest version of AccountRight...

Thanks

SS

2 REPLIES 2
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Right Std Lost Data Recovery

Hi @S-DS 

I am presuming the file was not stored on the MYOB cloud services (online).

1. How do I get access to this file on My Practice?

It sounds like they don't have an active MYOB subscription.   What version were they using ARL or ARL Classic and what version number?

2. How do I regain lost financial data (the most recent transactions that have disappeared?)

This will be difficult if there was NO current back up.   If the file is ARL and on the cloud, MYOB might be able to help restore, otherwise you will need to re-enter data, unfortunately.  

Sounds like it is time to get them on the cloud version as it would have been easily resolved. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
S-DS
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Right Std Lost Data Recovery

Hi Renae,

Thanks for your reply. All I can see in terms of their subscription is that it is Version 2020.3

Yes, I agree with the comment about Online Versions. 

Thanks,

Sherlin

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post