Matching transactions multipay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Samantha90
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Matching transactions multipay

Hi,

One of my clients has paid his two staff but it has gone through as one payment, so the bank statement shows  'Multi-Pay anyone multiple payments' with one amount.

Obviously this will now not match with the two individual pay runs as a "Pay Employee"

So what do I do?

Hope someone can assist.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Matching transactions multipay

Hi

i am assuming that he has done this for not just one pay run but for multiple

I am also assuming that you are using bank feeds

so my suggestion is to hide the bank feed transaction and manually reconcile the two pay employee transactions, obviously ensuring that they do balance

If this is in fact how your client intends to continue you could educate them in the use of electronic payments, or if that is not an option then perhaps allocate the account the pays are paid from to a clearing account and then when they are paid from the main bank account the transaction would be allocated to the clearing account. This doesn't mess up your general ledger, the clearing account can be reconciled to make sure there is no discrepancy 

hope that helps

Lisa

BW-WBS
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

How do you hide bank feed transactions? I've manually reconciled them and don't want them popping up in my feed.Thanks!

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

You can hide bank feed transactions in accountright but not in essentials 

to hide go to bank feeds on the transaction you want to hide , right click then choose hide transaction 

if you have essentials, then I suggest that you un reconcile the transaction ( untick )and match it through bank feeds

hope that helps

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post