Need to give staff access to AR file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
tws_aus
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Need to give staff access to AR file

I've been trying to give my staff member access to client's files (AR). I've added her as a staff member in partner.myob and also amended the "online file acces" in my.myob to give her access but when she logs in to partner.myob she can see the names but when clicking to open the file, it's asking her to "link a user ID to your MYOB account" and asking to enter a password.

Interestingly it is only the files I don't hold the subscription for that this is happening on. She can see the Essentials file for a client I hold the subscription on. 

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Domster
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Need to give staff access to AR file

Does anyone know the answer as we are having the same issue

WayneC
Experienced Partner
64 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

64Posts

58Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Need to give staff access to AR file

You need to get the client to invite you into the file as an Advisor with Online Administrator permission. 

Ideally they should send the invite to a generic email that you use for your practice for this purpose. E.g. clouddata@mypractice.com 

By sending the invite as an Advisor, it will mean then that the file will be available to anyone using the mypractice.com domain name, and so it will not ask to link your account anymore. You still have to give the staff memeber permission through my.myob Online Access first though to be able to see and actually access the file via their login. 

As usual, the process varies depending on the which software you are using:

Check here for AccountRight https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Add+an+accountant+advisor 

Check here for Business https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/myob/Invite+your+accountant+or+bookkeeper 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post