PC v MAC

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MezIndustries
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PC v MAC

I have a client set up in Accountright on a PC and they would now like to access that file on a Mac, however I only use a PC. Will the same file work in both PC and MAC interchangeably and potentially at the same time?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PC v MAC

Hi @MezIndustries 

AccountRight is a Windows-based application and does require a full Windows OS like Windows 8.1 or 10 to be installed to be able to access and work on the company file. This is as per the System requirements.

However, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4, we did introduce a browser interface to the AccountRight product range. This will allow users to access their business information and record transactions in realtime on a MAC or mobile device or directly on a Windows-based browser. See Access an AccountRight company file in a web browser for more information on that topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MezIndustries
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

thank you for your response, so you are saying that I can continue to work on the file on my PC, however by also allowing it to be seen in a web browser my client with a MAC can log in to the file and raise invocies and it won't affect what I do on my PC in any way. we are using the latest version that allows the web browser

kind regards

Manola

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @MezIndustries 

You are spot-on!

Although, just want to touch on your comment on the effects on the PC. There are no effects on the direct PC and the installation of that. Changes to the company file will be reflected in the desktop copy of the file. For example, MAC user using the browser interface enters an invoice, that invoice will be able to be seen in the Desktop copy of the company file is open on a Windows PC - no action required by either user (expect to record that transaction). The same works the other way as well -- PC user adds transaction, can be seen by browser (MAC) users. However, I'm pretty sure you get the idea.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MezIndustries
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions