Procedure for transferring client file between tax agents when original administrator has passed away?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WarwickP
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Procedure for transferring client file between tax agents when original administrator has passed away?

This might be a tricky one. The company I work for have a new client that has existing subscription fees of $58 (I'm assuming Essentials+Payroll) per month for a subscription that was setup by his previous accountant. The problem is that this accountant has since passed away and we, nor the client, have access to the file. Is there a procedure for this type of scenario?

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Procedure for transferring client file between tax agents when original administrator has passed away?

Hi @WarwickP 

In such a case, the client has to send the Change of Details form to us in order to request the ownership of account to himself or anyone he wants. The form has been emailed to you. 

Once that's done, we would be able to further assist your client in terms of providing access to the data file. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post