Revising BAS in MYOB Practice Online

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
thekenyan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Revising BAS in MYOB Practice Online

Who was the genius at MYOB that removed the ability to revise BAS's in MYOB practice online?

Could someone please explain how we now go about revising a BAS that was originally created and lodged using that product?

I know the workaround is to amend directly with the ATO, but kind of defeats the purpose of having a good working electronic interface...

Add it to the list of 'developments' that are absolutely mind boggling (removal of ability to bulk edit chart of accounts in Essentials for example) - what is going on at MYOB???

You're making it easier and easier to consider a switch to Xero!

8 REPLIES 8
Sandy_C
MYOB Staff
112 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

112Posts

30Kudos

14Solutions

Re: Revising BAS in MYOB Practice Online

Hi @thekenyan 

Very sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience with the online portal.

Allow me to explain the difference between the new and old online portal.
With the old online portal, revisions were allowed to be made due to activity statements not prefilling directly from the ATO. They had to be created and entered manually.
With the new online portal, a direct link has been created to the ATO's server, meaning you are able to prefill forms automatically. This data includes the figures the ATO are expecting, as well as any activity statements that are outstanding. Unfortunately in this case, once an activity statement has been lodged, the ATO no longer requires it to be lodged (or relodged), which is why revisions are currently not available.

We do understand that having the option to revise is an important feature to have. We are working currently closely with the ATO to include this feature in future releases for MYOB portal.

For the time being, any revised activity statment will need to be created and lodged through the AE/AO desktop software.

Regards,

Sandy
Client Support Representative

thekenyan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Sandy_C , I appreciate the response.

We've been early adopters to online BAS/portal and it's been fantastic from day 1, sadly it seems the more 'upgrades' done to it the less user friendly it becomes.

I note your solution, and thanks for providing it, but seems a pretty backward step from the whole idea of the online BAS.  Just strange that an upgrade removes something you've acknowledged is important and we have to wait for a future release to see it again.

Anyway, can't do anything about it for now, at least it's on the radar I guess.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my rant.

Sandy_C
MYOB Staff
112 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

112Posts

30Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @thekenyan 

Not at all! You're welcome and thank you for your response.

I understand where you're coming from. It would be better to have everything under the one system, instead of 2 different places.

Improvements and updates are being worked on by our product development team, so please keep an eye out on those in the near future.

Regards,

Sandy
Client Support Representative

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sandy

I know it is a stock standard answer that the development team is working on it, but it seems to go 1 step forward and 5 backwards.  I so wish that the development/technicals guys that have gone across to/with Xero were still with MYOB or have your guys into better training.   Data entry is not fluid and constant delays in processing, it takes an age to get through to Technical Support and then you only receive front line support-the things I already know, not the problem/s I am telephoning about.   Having said that, it is one of the great things about MYOB is that we still have phone support. From my Client's feedback-they all want Xero, I just know MYOB is being left behind. I sincerely hope to go back to the once again glowing reports I gave MYOB for the period 2000 to 2010, from 2011 an absolute NO!  How is that when MYOB had the absolute Market from the early years and lost it so quickly!

walsh_sean
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sandy, 

As you advised the revision is not currently availabe on the MYOB Practice, should MYOB to put a link to advise you suggested on the BAS page, so people like me doens't need to spend too much time to figure out where to find revision and finally to search and find result here.  Revison is a basic function, if can't do this then better to let us know in an easy way.

I know not your problem, but my suggestion

thanks.

Sandy_C
MYOB Staff
112 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

112Posts

30Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @walsh_sean 

Thank you for your suggestion.
I can certainly forward your comment to our knowledge base writers to see if this can be added in to help pages.

Regards,

Sandy

Sandy_C
MYOB Staff
112 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

112Posts

30Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @walsh_sean 

There's good news! 

The help article has now been updated to include information about revised activity statement: Activity statement FAQs 

revised statements.JPG

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Regards,

Sandy

walsh_sean
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions